Trouble

This is going to be in Johanna's point of view
----------------------------------------------
After loading Rydel into the ambulance, and watching it drive away, I ran back to the car. I had told her that her brother would be okay, I needed to make sure that stayed true.

Getting Riker out, is going to harder than getting Rydel out. Rikers side of the car is against the barrier. We have to get into the car to even see him. The rain clouds have made it darker than it usually is at this time.

Not wanting to let Rydel down, I crawl into the car 'Riker? Riker, can you hear me?' He gives no response.

Desperate, I reach up and feel for a pulse..he has one, but it's very weak.

I yell over my shoulder 'Hey he's alive! Let's get him out now!'

Something taps my foot. I look back and see a fireman handing me a neck brace, and board. I reach back and take them from him. Just like I did with Rydel, I wrap the brace around his neck, whispering to him 'you're going to be okay'

Next I move over so a fireman can get in here and hold Riker when we unclip his seatbelt. I look at Rikers face, it's really pale and blood is dripping down from a rather nasty gash above his eye.

I take a deep breath, and hit the button. He jerks alittle, but the fireman holds him tight. Quickly, I put the board behind him, and we slide him out, just like we did Rydel only minutes before.

Now that Riker is in the bright lights of all the emergency vehicles, I can see a shard of glass sticking out of his stomach, and his bone is sticking out of his leg just above his knee.

'Oh god! We gotta move him now! Let's go!' We push him to another ambulance and load him up.

I hop in after I lock the wheels on the stretcher. A police officer shuts the back doors, and my partner takes off.

I put an oxygen mask over Rikers mouth and nose. Now I turn my attention to the glass, and his bone. I grab a ton of gauze and stuff it around the glass, trying to slow the bleeding. Then I tie a tourniquet around Rikers thigh, and shin, isolating the damage to his knee.

Suddenly we turn sharply. The stretcher bounces against the counter, and I almost fall over. Not long after, a problem occurs.. Riker starts coughing. And he's not just coughing, he's coughing up blood.

I shout at my partner 'Hey, speed it up!!' I tear the mask off and grab an asophilgy airway tube. I pull Rikers chin down, and slide the tube down his throat. I attach the bag to the end, and squeeze it.

We jerk to a stop, and the back doors fly open.

Doctor Rice climbs in 'Is this the brother to the other accident victim?' I nod.

He quickly looks Riker over 'Get him up to surgery stat!' The two orderlies that were behind him, push Riker inside.

I tap Docs shoulder 'Um.. How's his sister? Rydel?' He motions for me to walk with him

'She's in surgery. She'll be okay'

'I'll call their parents..' I say as we approach the front desk. Doc waves and fast walks towards the OR.

I lean on the desk 'Hey Mary. You got the parents number for the girl 35 brought in?' She hands me a sticky note.

I smile and walk into the break room. Luckily there's no one else in the room. I choose a seat in the back of the room, by the window. I sit down and dial the number.

It rings three times 'Hello?' a woman's voice says.

I clear my throat 'Hello, this is paramedic Johanna Lynn.. is this Stormie?'

'Yes it is. What's going on?'

I continue 'Your son Riker, and daughter Rydel were in a bad car accident earlier this evening-' I pause when I hear Stormie choke back a sob.

'Ar-are they alr-right? How b-bad was it?'

I take a deep breath 'They both are in surgery as we speak. Rydel was talking when I arrived on the scene. The doctor has told me she will be okay-'

She cuts me off 'What about Riker?'

Another deep breath 'Rikers injuries are more severe than his sisters. I don't know his condition..'

Stormie says something to someone on her end of the phone, then says 'We'll be right there!!'

I look out the window as the rain continues to pour 'I'll be waiting for you' She hangs up.

I lean forward and put my head in my hands 'please be okay..' I mumble to myself.

I might not know Riker and Rydel personally, but I'd like too.. they seem like really cool and nice people