Disaster

WASHINGTON D.C. DECEMBER 31ST 12:16 AM

Red Arrow runs through train tracks for his life as he loads up an arrow and hides behind a pillar. He looks over the pillar and an arrow grazes his cheek leaving a cut. He does a side flip to try and fire an arrow back but is met by an explosive arrow sending him flying back. He quickly recovers getting ready to fire an explosive arrow when a speeding entity punches Red Arrow at amazing speeds sending the arrow in a random direction creating smoke hiding a 6 foot 4 inch figure. Red Arrow tries to hit the figure with his bow but the bow shatters across the figures chest as the figure uppercuts red arrow sending him flying back with blood streaming down his nose. Suddenly a train comes about to crash into the 4, but when the train speeds by we see Green Arrow, Flash, and Aquaman step out from behind pillars seeing a vent on the ground open and no sign of Red Arrow.

MOUNT JUSTICE DECEMBER 31ST 07:16

"We have reason to feel proud of yesterdays victories. But one thing has not changed." Aqualad says with the team walking into Mount Justice. "The jobs not done." Naruto says coldly. "Yeah, but at least we know none of us are the mole." Kid Flash says happily.

"That is correct. The mole was Red Arrow" Batman claims.

"Roy!?" Robin says with a shocked expression.

"No way!" Kid Flash says defensively.

"Batman, that cannot be. He was Green Arrows protégé. We have all known him for years" Aqualad says. "Unfortunately... The Roy Harper we have known for the last three years is another Project Cadmus clone." Red tornado says as he points towards the screen batman was tampering with. "We've learn the real Speedy was abducted and replaced immediately after becoming Green Arrows sidekick." Batman says as he shows 2 screens of 2 different Roy Harpers. "The clone was pre-programmed with a drive to join the Justice League. Which is why he was so angry over any delays to his admission and why he refused to join the Team. This Roy Harper had no idea he was a clone or a traitor. And his subconscious programming drove him to become League worthy. So he struck out on his own as 'Red Arrow'. When he was finally admitted his secondary programming kicked in and he attempted to betray the League to Vandal Savage. Fortunately, i had already deduced Red Arrow was a clone. We we're prepared." Batman informed the Team.

"Savage was subdued, but Red Arrow escaped. He is now a fugitive, armed and dangerous." says Red Tornado. "If you guys hadn't rescued me from Cadmus-" Superboy feeling guilty before Robin cut him off "What happened to the real Roy?" asks Robin. "We don't know. He isn't at Cadmus. We have to face the possibility that the real Roy Harper is dead." says Batman, as Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad hide their grief.

"The clone Roy. The team will find him." Aqualad says angrily. "Negative. Red Arrows a member of the Justice League now, leave him to us." Batman says as he goes on comms. "Im needed at the Watchtower. Tornado, stay with the kids." says Batman as he walks to the zeta tubes.

Recognized, Batman, 02

'Clone or no clone, Red Arrow was one of us. We will go after him.' says Aqualad using the telepathic link Megan put up. Red tornado sneaks up behind Aqualad about to put a device on him but shuts down. 'Tornado!' shouts Megan via telepathic link. 'What Happened' says Superboy as he starts to jog towards Red Tornado. 

'Hes powered down' states KF. 'All functions offline' Robin says via telepathic link.

'Zatanna!' Raven shouts telepathically.

'Raven!' Zatanna shouts telepathically.

'we sense a low-level mystic force at play.' Zatanna states.

'I dont know if it caused his shutdown, but the same energy was coming off Batman.' says Raven. 'Batman. He called us kids. He never does that.' says Robin with suspicions. 'look!' KF shouts telepathically as he points at a device Red Tornado was Holding. "We will split into 2 teams, Raven, Zatanna, Kid Flash, and Robin stay here and try to get a fix on Red Tornado, the rest of us are after Red Arrow." 'Hes fully down' Robin says concerned.  Zatanna interrupts 'I have an idea.'