XXI

"Baby, you're the reason

"Baby, you're the reason. You always think the only one who needs attention is you. Don't be so conceited. Hope you know honesty was the only thing that could keep me from leaving. Baby, you're the reason. You always think the only one who needs attention is you. Don't be so conceited. Hope you know honesty was the only thing that could keep me from leaving," played before Chaz stopped the song.

"Nai, that chorus. You did that. I can't wait until it's finished," Chaz said to his singer.

"We've been in this studio for almost twenty four hours, Chaz. I would like to go get my kid and cuddle with him. I am exhausted," Nai whined. Chaz fell in love with the song and they've been in the studio since.

"You should perform this at the White Out you doing," Chaz suggested. The White Out concert was in two weeks, slowly approaching.

"If we finish it, it's done. Can I go now? I need sleep," Nai sighed as she stretched out her limbs.

"Yeah, Skud. Gone and get out of here. I'll call you tomorrow," Chaz stood up to hug Nai. When they released one another, Nai left.

She took the drive over to Samir's, not failing to call him first. She wanted Nahmir to be ready when she arrived because she was ready to crash. She left the studio at the perfect time because it was nearing Nahmir's nap time.

When she got to Samir's, she sighed before she killed her engine and got out of her vehicle. She walked up to the door and knocked. To her surprise, Marissa opened the door.

"Hey Nai, you look tired," Marissa frowned as she looked over Nai's appearance.

"Hey, I am. Is Doodie ready? I didn't really plan to come in. I just wanna get home and lay down. I've been in the studio for hours," Nai complained.

"Yeah. Samir!" Marissa called out for her fiancé. "Nai is here for Nahmir," she relayed and shortly after Samir approached with Nahmir.

"Hey Nai," Samir spoke to her while scratching his head awkwardly.

"Hey. Hi son," Nai smiled as Nahmir went from Samir to her with a smile.

"Hi mommy," Nahmir grabbed Nai's face and kissed her cheek.

"We'll call you before he goes to bed," Nai nodded at Samir. "Oh, and congrats on the baby and the engagement, Marissa," she added.

"Thank you! Congrats on your engagement as well," Marissa smiled politely and Nai nodded again before dismissing her self.

Upon approaching her vehicle, she opened a door to the backseat and strapped Nahmir into his seat. When she finished making sure he was secured, she closed the door and got into her seat.

She drove home and on her way, she received a call from Dame.

"Hey Dame, wassup?" She answered with a sigh.