005. the cannibal

The journey to the dragon cave was fraught with peril and hardship. The path before her was treacherous, demanding she navigate over jagged rocks and traverse undulating hills that stretched endlessly beneath the moonlit sky. The landscape -- although beautiful -- seemed to conspire against her, each obstacle a test of Visenya's resolve. Yet, with unwavering determination, She pressed onward, her spirit undaunted by the physical trials.

The night chill of Dragonstone bit at Visenya's skin, but the fire of her resolve burned brightly, guiding her through the darkness of the island, toward the layer of the magnificent, untouched dragon eggs...

At last, she discovered a narrow fissure in the
ground, a crack so thin and deep it appeared almost imperceptible amidst the rough terrain. Visenya's heart quickened as she surmised that this crack may lead to the dragon's lair. With cautious determination, she wedged herself into the fissure, her body contorting in the struggle to fit into the narrow passage. The descent was arduous; Visenya used her arms and legs and makeshift footholds, labouriously lowering herself to the depths below.

Halfway down, her precarious hold faltered, and she tumbled through the darkness, her breath catching in her throat. Visenya landed unceremoniously on a bed of stones, the impact jarring and unbearable. As she steadied herself and observed the dark cave, her eyes widened in astonishment.

There, illuminated by the thin crack Visenya had fallen from, was the molten cradle of dragon eggs, a sight both wonderous and foreboding.

Hesitant, Visenya approached the cradle, her footsteps echoing softly in the cave's stillness. Her fingers, trembling with anticipation and dread, brushed gently over the molten rock that formed the cradle. The surface was warm to the touch, leaving Visenya in wander as she gazed upon them. Her heart beat with a blend of reverence and determination as she prepared to take the perilous step towards her audacious plan.

Drawing her gaze to the surrounding stones, Visenya chose the grandest among them, one that stood out with a rugged majesty. With deliberate strength, she struck the molten rock, causing it to fracture with a sharp, echoing crack. The blow unleashed a cloud of steam and a thick, viscous substance that flowed forth from the shattered stone. This thick molten ooze cascaded downward, ensnaring the dragon eggs in a nauseating, glistening layer.

Visenya quickly recoiled from the noxious cloud of smoke and the unsettling sight. With a cautious, measured motion, she leaned back with a pained expression. Visenya, though intent on retrieving the dragon eggs, her methods were to be methodical and patient, for she planned to present a single egg to The Cannibal each day. This gradual approach was intended to accustom the beast to her presence and the offering, ensuring that the dragon would grow more comfortable with each successive gift. It was unbeknownst to Visenya how long this process may take. Yet, she was willing to do it for a hundred years if it meant to have a dragon to call her own.

Now in possession of a single dragon egg, Visenya advanced through the cave's oppressive darkness. Startled by a faint, unsettling noise that echoed around her, Visenya's heart raced as she glanced over her shoulder while continuing forward, her eyes straining to pierce the gloom. In her momentary distraction, Visenya collided with the imposing form of the Cannibal, who lay peacefully ensconced in the depths of the cave.

Visenya drew back in alarm, only to meet the dragon's piercing green eyes as it stirred. For a moment, the Cannibal regarded her with an unnervingly calm demeanour. Summoning her courage, Visenya spoke softly, striving to maintain the creature's tranquillity.