Caught

I wish I could get some comments! :P This Chapter is a bit short as well but eh... I'm just starting so cut me some slack. Check out Sparkle at the top and enjoy the read.

Kressara rode long and hard for a few hours before finally stopping and taking a break. She took out one of the many apples she brought and offered it up to Sparkle. She took it up almost immediately and it disappeared soon after. A small smile appeared again at the action before her expression went to stone again. She pulled the helmet off and just took a seat on the some what damp ground and sighed heavily. She was finally free but now she had another problem, shelter. The sun was starting to rise up higher and it would be night time before she knew it; it wasn't exactly safe for her to be out here alone. She started to have her doubts about this plan and dwelled on that while Sparkle rested.

A hand was rubbing at her temples before something in her snapped and right then and there she decided she could do this. She picked herself up and slide her helmet on. A beat later she was struggling to get back into her saddle. It took her a while but she eventually figured out how to climb up due to the height difference and the lack of assistance. Her foot tapped at Sparkle and they set off again for a few hours, taking small breaks every so often.

The sun was setting by the time she came across a small village and spotted a family that looked like they could use some help. She tied Sparkle up to one of the post and kept her head down as she started to help the man of the family pack up. "I'll willing to help sir if you just provide me with food and shelter for the night. I promise I won't be any trouble." The man well into his forties and his mess of red stringy hairs were greying. He paused and stared at Kressara for a moment before grumbling, "you aren't in any type of trouble are you?" He was rather suspicious but willing to give her a chance. She kept her face at just the right angle so that he wouldn't notice her. "No sir...just passing through." He simply nodded and motioned for her to continue to help him pack up the rest of the items away that he couldn't sell for the day.

She helped him with that before following him out to his home, which was on the outskirts of the village. It was small but she didn't mind it; unlike her older brother, Brentley, she only saw her parents wealth as a bonus. She spent the rest of the day helping the family in any way before night finally struck. Kressara had hidden Sparkle fairly well before removing on or two pieces of armor to rest. Her guard was up but she didn't worry too much because she had a spare blade on her. She curled up with the small blanket that was given to her near the fair and got a few hours of shut eye. That's when she heard it... galloping, but it wasn't just one horse.

She didn't take time to process it all she stood swiftly and took off sprinting for Sparkle. She made it just in time and it had to be pure adrenaline because she didn't struggle too much with the saddle. Kressara got Sparkle going in a matter of seconds and had her bow up and ready to strike if necessary. The next thing that happened threw her off completely. Brently came riding up beside her with that shit eating grin of his and shoved Kress just the slightest. She knew she was a goner until she felt a pair of arms moving her onto their horse. Her head turned ever so slightly to meet a pair of he identical eyes. She groaned in frustration but all fight left her. A few moments went past before she whispered, "but daddy..." She knew if her father directly got involved she was going to be doing some serious ass kissing later.