Chapter 8

Aarushi sat quietly on the bed, breastfeeding Kian, her thoughts heavy with concern and sorrow. The room was softly lit by the late afternoon sun filtering through the curtains. The gentle rustle of the fabric and the faint sound of Kian's contented coos provided a semblance of calm.

Kiana entered the room, her small face showing a mix of curiosity and concern.

Kiana:- Maasa.

Aarushi:- Kiana aap kaha chale gaye the maine bola tha na aapko aap idhar hi rehna mai aapko aakar taiyaar karungi.

( Kiana, where did you go? I told you to stay here. I would get you ready.)

Kiana:- Wo mudhe aapse kuth taam ta.ithliye mai aapte paat aalahi thi pal maine upal de deta ti dadisa aapto daant layi hai aul punich kal layi hai ithliye mai thup dayi, Maasa dadisa bahut buli hai na.?
( Wo mujhe aapse kuch kaam tha isliye mai aapke pass aarahi thi par maine upar se dekha ki dadisa aapko daant rahi hai aur punish kar rahi thi. isliye mai chup gayi,Maasa dadisa bahut buri hai na.?)

( wanted to talk to you, so I came to you, but I saw that Dadisa was scolding you and punishing you. That's why I stayed quiet. Maasa, isn't Dadisa very bad?)

Aarushi( hiding her tears):- Beta aisa nahi bolte wo aapki dadi hai aur unne mujhe isliye punish kiya kyuki mujhse galti ho gayi thi.

( Don't say that, beta. She's your grandmother, and she punished me because I made a mistake.)

Kiana:- Toh dab mai bali ho daungi aul mudhse bi dalti ho dayegi toh aap bi mudhe aithe punish talode.
( Toh jab mai badi ho jaungi aur mujhse bhi galti ho jayegi toh aap bhi mujhe aise punish karoge.)

( When I grow up and make a mistake, will you punish me like that too?)

Aarushi hugged Kiana tightly, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Aarushi:- Na laado aapke upar toh ek kharoch bhi nahi aane dungi mai aapke saath aisa karne ka soch bhi nahi sakti aur na hi kisi ko karne dungi.

( No, beta. I won't let even a scratch come to you. I can't even think of punishing you, nor will I let anyone else do it.)

Kiana:- Maasa aap rou mat aap luto mai abhi dadisa ko daat te aati hu.
( Maasa aap rou mat aap ruko mai abhi dadisa ko daant ke aati hu.)

( Maasa, don't cry. I'll go and scold Dadisa now.)

Aarushi:- Galat baat beta wo aapse badi hai aap aise nahi kar sakte aur chalo abhi aap yaha aao mai aapke baal bana deti hu.

( No, beta. She is older than you. You can't do that. Come here now, and I'll get your hair done.)

Kiana:- No Maasa,Aap ku ku ko dood pilao mai alya kakisa te baal banwalundi.
( No Maasa,aap ku ku ko doodh pilao mai Arya kakisa se baal banwalungi.)

( No, Maasa. You feed Ku-Ku, and I'll go get my hair done by Arya Kakisa.)

Aarushi:- Ok.

In Arya room,

Arya sat on the sofa, her mind preoccupied with recent events. The soft glow of the lamps and the gentle hum of the house created a peaceful atmosphere. Kiana entered, her steps light and eager.

Kiana:- Kakisa.

Arya:- Kiana aap yaha.

( Kiana, you're here.)

Kiana:- Ha mudhe aapthe baal banwane the bana do.
(Ha,mujhe aapse baal banwane the bana do.)

( Yes, I wanted you to do my hair. Please do it.)