3: Whispers.

Alexa's P.O.V

I was resting on a bench in front of the forest. The beautiful cool breeze that came every minute or so made me just want to cuddle up in a blanket and drink hot cocoa. I closed my eyes and started to daydream about things. Everything was all nice and peaceful until . . .

I looked to my left and heard someone running up the street. Along with a loud backpack that sounded full of stuff. I sighed. "So much for relaxing. ." I saw black hair and pink hair come running up the street. "Oh god." I said, Grabbing the mirror and standing up.

They came running towards me, Out of breath. "W-we had to- -" Kayla spoke. "We had to r-run up that steep h-hill." I laughed. "How did you two get here in such a hurry?" Nani looked up at me, "The bus of course."

My face turned blank. "I could have took the bus here but instead I had to walk for about 40 minutes?!" Nani looked as if she was trying not to laugh. "Yeah I thought I told you." I sighed. "No you didn't tell me." I tried not losing my temper so I changed the subject. "Lets get going, We're wasting daylight."

We headed into the woods and found a nice little place to sit down. A ray of sun shined through the trees. It was beautiful here. "You have the candles right?" Nodded looked towards me and smiled. She unzipped her backpack quickly and took out the two candles.

"Who wants to go first?" She asked. Kayla raised her hand and I handed her the mirror while Nani handed her the two candles along with a match. "You might want to light them fast, The wind here might blow it out." Nani said. Kayla took the mirror and raised it up to her face. She breathed onto the mirror and got out the matches, Lighting them up and hovered them over the candle.

She put the candle onto the mirror and waited until there was a noticeable black mark on it. She handed the candle to Nani and the mirror as well. Nani did the same thing Kayla just did, But quicker. She knew that the wind was strong and we couldn't let the candle die out.

It was my turn and I breathed on the mirror and put the candle onto it. "What now?" I questioned, Either of them. They both looked at me and stood up.

"We run." Nani said, While backing up a bit. I stood up and we all started running towards the entrance again. Nani and I were running side by side with Kayla a bit behind, "Ow, Shit!" We heard. We turned around and we both saw Kayla on the ground. "I twisted my ankle." Nani stopped and quickly walked over to her. "Are you alright?" She questioned, Helping Kayla stand back up.

"I'm alright. I'll manage." Kayla replied. Nani and Kayla speed walked while I jogged in front of them. "Did you hear that?" Kayla questioned, Stopping dead in her tracks. "Hear what?" I asked.

"Someone said 'Shh. .'" Nani's eyes widened, "I thought I was the only one that heard that." I rolled my eyes, "Stop playing around you idiots. Lets go before something serious happens to all of us." Nani and Kayla looked towards each other and nodded.

We finally exited out the forest and had to take a little break because of Kayla's ankle. So far nothing that bad was happening. . Yet.