The Garage Band

If you would like to listen to the song mentioned in this chapter, it's called Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd. I can't put it in the media bit up there ^^ coz none of the YouTube videos were allowed to play on wattpad :/

Heading to your best friend Alfred's house with your laptop and shit, you keep running your latest song through your head. You were debating putting a louder base line through the chorus, but decided to wait for Alfred's opinion.

You get to the front door and just walk in, knowing it was open and knowing Alfred was expecting you. "I'm here!" You yell to the seemingly empty house.
"Awesome! Come to the garage!" Is the equally as loud reply from Alfred. So of course you head there and see Alfred setting up the microphones and trying to untangle the chords. "You're hopeless you know that?" You tease as you try to help with untangling the black cables.
"Oh, by the way, my brothers here. He's just showering at the moment," Alfred said.
"He lives in Canada right?"
"Yep. Now, you said you came up with a new song?" Alfred asked.
"Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you to hear it!" You almost squeal, as you get your laptop out and open the programme.
"Alright, let's hear it!" Alfred smiled warmly. He was always excited to hear whatever new song you had come up with.

The electronic drums start and the humming background sound, which would later be covered with singing.
The snapping of fingers starts in a constant rhythm.
The hook kicks in and you mention increasing the volume of the base line. Alfred agrees.

You stop the play back to gauge his response.
"Dude... That's freaking awesome!" Alfred laughs and so do you.
"You had me worried for a second there, I thought you didn't like it," you look away slightly.
"Dudette, this some is bomb. We're gonna rock it at the next world meeting." He smiles brightly. "So what are the lyrics?"
"Here," You respond, handing him some papers, "you have the chorus and I've got the verses because your voice is deeper than mine and it'll sound better with the base."
"Alright!" He drags out the word with his American accent.
"I'll fix the base line and then we can start on the lyrics, yea?"
"Yea," he replies.

As you increased the base line and Alfred finished setting up the mics, a certain Canadian is finishing his shower.

"And I know he'll be the death of me at least we'll both be numb, and he'll always get the best of me the worst is yet to come, at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young, this I know, this I know." You starting singing the first few lines. You decided to use the pronoun 'he' instead of 'she' like in most songs because both you and Alfred were attracted to men, it made more sense to use that pronoun in your song.
"I can't feel my face when I'm with you, but I love it, but I love it." Alfred was reading straight off of the sheets you just have him but he sang like he already knew the words, he was always good at that. And you were right, the louder base line complimented his voice perfectly. Unbeknownst to both you and Alfred, Alfred's brother had snuck in and was standing in the entrance to the garage behind you. He was impressed, but he didn't want to be rude so was waiting until the song finished. He found himself taping his foot to the beat.

As you were singing you found places were you could record and play back your voices to sound as if you had back up singers. Being the slight perfectionist you were, you made mental notes of some corrections.

As the song finished, you and Alfred heard very quiet clapping from behind you, and you both turned to face it. There was a young man standing there with wavy blond hair and a kind smile, he was wearing a red hoodie with a white maple leaf on it and plain jeans. You blushed slightly at how handsome he was. "Hey bro!" Alfred shouted excitedly, walking over to his brother and guiding him towards you. With the two brothers beside each other you could see a slight resemblance, mostly in their height and build. But while Alfred was smiling like a maniac, his brother was looking at the floor. "Hi, my name's Katarina, I'm Prussia's daughter," you said kindly to the slightly taller nation.
"Umm... M-my names Matthew, I'm the personification of Canada," he replied just loud enough for you to hear.
"Excuse me, but would you mind looking at me?" You asked, trying not to be rude, you hated being rude like your father. Matthew slowly lifted his head and looked at you, you were immediately lost in his gentle violet eyes. And unknown to you, he was lost in your eyes, they reminded him of blue topaz's. Neither of you said anything for a moment and Alfred took this as his opportunity to step in, "so how was your flight over here Mattie? I forgot to ask you earlier."
"Uh," the trance between you two was broken and you were brought back to the real world, "I suppose it was fine, a few people bumped into me and apologised for not seeing me, but you know that happens a lot..."
"How could people not notice you?!" You blurted out, that damn filter between your brain and your mouth has always been dysfunctional. You wanted to say how could people not notice you, your beautiful, but you managed to think of a cover up, "I-I mean it's not like your invisible..." You trailed off, simply being thankful you thought of something to cover your outburst.