CBTBB - Chapter 14 - Gregory

Interrigation room!

Unbelievable!

After I finally manage to tell Taylor the three most difficult words in world, our perfect moment is ruined by the cops rushing in and pulling me away from Taylor before they roughly force him on the ground, cuff him and drag him off to God knows where. "What the hell are you doing?! Where are you taking Taylor? He's done nothing wrong!"

The cop stopped pushing Taylor forward as they turn back to look at me, Taylor still firmly in his grasp. He wasn't moving or squirming to get away, he just stood there waiting. As if he had been through these motions before.

"This guy here is being brought in for questioning about the death of Julian Campari Junior." The cop who held Taylor by his neck shook him, obviously making his point clear that he didn't like Taylor. Taylor winched slightly at the rough shaking.

Taylor is a witness to a murder?!

"Even if that's so, why are you handcuffing him and treating him roughly if you are only going to ask him some questions?" I fold my arms across my chest, clearly not impressed by the actions of these cops. Not only that but the murmurs of fellow students who came to see what all the ruckus was about now see Taylor bruised and cuffed. They will probably start another rumour about him and his mob ties.

"You do know this is the grandson of Giuseppe Cuneos right? Grandson to the Cuneos mafia empire and its perfect timing that his old man and his grandfather died at the same time now isn't brat?" The police officer looked smug as Taylor's body tensed with rage.

"In case you forgot officer I was there when they were blown to bits! I was there covered in blood and intestines of most of the people who died! Me and Gordo were the ones who pieced everybody back together! Don't you dare tell me it was my fault!" Taylor snapped back at the officer with an anger I have never seen in him before. An anger that resembled the anger my father had when I did something he wasn't pleased with. An anger that scared the crap out of me, I was shaking slightly as Taylor continued to shout at the officer; who shouted right back at him to keep his mouth shut until they got to the station. There he could talk all he wanted.

I had my slightly shaking arms wrapped protectively around myself as I fought hard not to fall into that dark pit that is my memory of my father and his treatment of me. As the officer kept ushering Taylor forward, I could hear the buzz of the rumour taking shape about why Taylor was handcuffed, bare chested and walking away from the nurses' office.

"Greg?! Are you okay? It looks like you've seen a ghost. Where are they taking Taylor?" Rafael's worried voice snapped me out of my head. I looked in his genuine worried blue eyes as his hands closed around my shoulders as he shook me slightly.

"They are taking him down town because they say he was involved in Julian junior something's death. They also spoke about his father's and grandfathers untimely deaths."

Rafael surprised me with his quick cursing in Italian and was calling someone on his phone in the same second. "Hi, yeah I just heard. What are we going to do?.... uhuh.... Yeah I will make sure he gets there." He clicked his phone shut as he turned to me. "I need you to come with me to the station, Gordo, Meredith and Sylvester are already there, I think he'd want to see you after this whole thing is over."

I nodded my head, hoisted my bag further up and walked in the direction of the front double doors. More than ready to leave this dump and find out how Taylor is doing. I couldn't get far before my phone rang, mom's name flashing across the screen. Probably calling about Taylor as Sylvester was at our house this afternoon. "Yes mom, I know Taylor has been cuffed and dragged off to the station, I am on my way there now and nothing you say will stop me." I snap. The first thing I heard was mom's sigh and a rustle as he probably runs a hand through his hair. "I know that; I know you longer than today and know how stubborn you can be. I just wanted to know do you want dad to pick up your car? I suppose that Rafael or some other friend will drop you off at the station." My anger dispatched as mom said so, most likely trying to keep from outing everything he wanted. "Thank you for your concern mom, I appreciate it." I murmur softly as I hang up and glide into the passenger seat of Rafael's car as Nancy and Ronnie got in the backseat.