Epilogue

THREE YEARS LATER

"Troy, the bag," Dannie said before they walked out of the doors.

"Shit. I forgot. I'm sorry." He ran to where they had been standing a few minutes ago and came rushing back to her with the black bag in hand.

"Jackie will kill us if we forget that one," she told him and finally let him push their cart out of the airport.

"They're just freaking dresses and scarves and whatnots."

"When will you ever stop complaining about them?" she asked laughingly.

"Until I hand it to her," he uttered with feigned annoyance. Troy held out his hand for her and she took it with a smile. He bent down and planted a quick kiss on her lips.

It was nice to be home.

*****

You wouldn't believe where I was or who was driving me right now.

Guess. Just try it.

Come on.

You would never have imagined it. I never did as well until a few days ago.

His fingers gripped my steering wheel nervously. Yeah, like it was his first time driving! I knew this was going to happen! I knew it! He would deliver us both to our own respective gravesites if he didn't put himself together.

He was tasked to do a lot of errands and I was left in his care so he would have a service. Yeah, right. After all these years, after all the love and care, after all the shipping, I ended up as a freaking service.

Everyone else was going to the airport to meet Dannie baby and Troy. Everyone except me and this guy.

Of all the many things we were told to do, he was only able to do just one so far: buy ice. We still had to get the cake. And the barbecue. And the freaking fish and meat and chips!

Hey, dude, faster! What the hell are you doing? Are you freaking driving me or what? But he seemed to be too focused on driving me safely than getting our tasks done.

I'll be doomed, I muttered under my breath.

I should have been to the airport! I should be welcoming Dannie baby!

If Georgie wasn't pregnant, she would have insisted to drive me. And if Jackie was not too smitten to be glued to her husband's side, she would be driving me. But she had been glued to Dean's side for like forever since they got married two years ago. Like really, they should be pregnant by now but they weren't!

Finally, we reached our destination: Calea. We had to pick up Dannie baby's favorite cake. He hastily climbed off me and even dropped my freaking keys on his way to the door. What a klutz! He had to run back and pick them up and back into the café again.

I could only sigh in frustration. A young woman sitting in one of the tables outside witnessed what happened and smiled. Free entertainment, eh, lady?

Finally, after five minutes, he walked out with the boxed cake.

Careful now, careful! Let's not ruin this day for my Dannie baby!

"Hey, excuse me..." the woman from the same table earlier called out to him. He turned and stopped.

Of course he would. She was a looker. "Yes?" he asked.

"Can I ask something?" The woman had already approached him and she was opening a piece of paper. "I've been looking for this address but I can't seem to figure it out. The streets are quite complicated."