𝟒𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 (𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐅𝐓/𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃)

Cop Sanemi & Firefighter Giyuu AU

Category: - Smut and crime

Trope: - Coworkers

Au: - Modern Au

╺╺╺╺╺╺ 🄶🅈🅂🄽╺╺╺╺╺╺

"Did you guys catch the person who caused the fire?"

"No, not yet. Victims say it might have been one of the teenagers who lived in the buildings. We're still investigating." Sanemi rubbed his forehead, letting out a flustered sigh as he answered the firefighter's question, who was Giyuu Tomioka.

"Ah, well, good luck," Giyuu murmured as he took off the helmet he was wearing. The firefighting team had just put out a building that had caught fire, probably set on purpose by some maniac.

It was nighttime, and the city was still flashing with lights as the medical team had also intervened to help the injured from the building. Luckily, no one died, which was a relief for everyone.

Sanemi, on the other hand, was really flustered at the moment. As a cop, he had to stay late until everything was settled, even though he barely got four hours of sleep the previous night. He ran his hand through his white hair as he sighed heavily, catching Giyuu's attention again.

"You alright?" Giyuu asked, raising an eyebrow. He knew Sanemi well since they had been working together for the past few years and often went out to drink on their break days.

"I'm fine..." Sanemi wiped his nose with his index finger, turning away from Giyuu with his hands on his hips, trying to avoid his gaze.

"...Alright," Giyuu nodded, not pushing further since he knew he would just complicate things. "Take care." With that, he left, getting inside the fire truck and leaving with his coworkers in a moment that felt a little too quick.

Sanemi let out another deep sigh as he rubbed the bridge of his nose in frustration.

°°°

After everything was settled and Sanemi could finally go back to his one-bedroom apartment, he entered, kicking his shoes off and closing the door behind him.

Walking into his bedroom, he took off his police uniform, neatly hung it in his closet, and then changed into his night clothes-only boxers and a tank top.

It was 11:30 PM by now. The fire had started at 6:30 PM. It was already dark then since it was winter, and the night came quicker in this season.

Despite feeling sleepy, Sanemi didn't go to bed. Instead, he walked over to his mini-fridge and took out a can of beer-he really needed it to calm down somehow. He walked over to his couch, plopped down, and reached for the TV remote, flipping through the channels until he found something interesting, even though he didn't really pay much attention to it.

He popped open his can of beer and took a big swig, letting out a pleased and satisfied sigh afterward, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

While he was facing the TV, his mind started drifting elsewhere. He was 28 years old, with a good-paying job and an apartment. While growing up, he didn't have a good example of a father; in fact, he had a terrible one.

He clenched his can of beer, pausing mid-sip as he remembered how his father was an alcoholic. With a flustered grunt, he slammed it down on the coffee table in front of him and turned his head to the side, resting his arm on the back of the sofa and holding his forehead.

Great, this was just what he needed after a tiring day at work-more unwanted thoughts. While trying to calm down, his thoughts drifted back to his family. He remembered a conversation he had with his mom just a few days ago.