The Race

You woke up on Sunday with a sense of relief. Yesterday is over, thank goodness. The rest of your dorm is already up, willingly letting you sleep so that you don't live today as a grouchy monster. Luckily, you woke up just early enough to get to breakfast on time. You quickly get dressed and leave without anyone to accompany you on your way down to the Great Hall.

In the common room, the fire is vanquished from last night's flame. You are pulling your hair back with a blue headband that matches your Ravenclaw robes and tie. As you step outside of the portrait into the common room, you make a shortcut through the library where two certain red-heads are, most likely plotting a way to humiliate some Slytherins or cause classes to be cancelled or something of the sort, anything that creates madness. Your first instinct is to avoid them. They never have liked when people bothered them too much during there extremely "important" work.

However, you hear George's voice loud and clear, "Oh no, (Y/N/N)'s here!" He said dramatically, showing you his intentions were purely for humor only. You try to hide your grin as you respond rather rapidly, "Ugh, the bloody twins are in the library again." You rolled your eyes and Fred pulls out the chair next to him. You gladly take a seat, making sure that he wouldn't pull it out from under you last minute, like he did (or tried to) do frequently last year.

"What're you two up to this time?" You ask, trying not to sound too annoying as you lean on the table, ignoring the hunger settling in your vacant stomach. They respond in unison by showing you a piece of blank parchment. They both smile confidently as you try not to look confused. It's blank. At first, you are completely dumfounded, but you rack your brains and realize it's that map you heard them talking about a couple days ago. Of course, you hadn't heard much about it, because when you joined their two-person, now three-person, cluster, they immediately fell to a hush. Obviously, they didn't want you to know about it.

"It's blank..." You murmured, and their grins widened.

"It's worked!" They said happily. At your look of judgement Fred dove into an explanation.

"George and I have been working on something for about a month now, an ink that only Gryffindors can see." This confused you even more. How would that even work? Even you, a Ravenclaw, couldn't figure it out.

"It would take too long to explain, but anyway, we hope to use this against the Slytherins in some way. Don't worry, we'll make Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff additions." George elaborated even more. That certainly was an interesting concept.

"Well, I'd love to stay. But, I'm hungry so see you later." You refuse to comment on their newest creation and get up to leave. Before you can take a step, however, Fred whips out an apple, seemingly from nowhere.

"If you're hungry, would you like an apple?" You raise an eyebrow.

"I know better than to take food from the Weasley twins, but thanks for the offer. Also, I'm not Snow White." It's their turn to be confused now. They know nothing of muggle fairytales, so you let them bask in dumbfoundedness as you leave, glad to have be the one in the know for once. When you get to the Hall, Cho has a look of humor on her face. She asks you how long you slept but notices that you are a wide awake. She choses to ignore that and goes back to eating.

You would rather not give away the twins' confidential merchandise to unqualified customers, so you are glad that she decided not to ask any further questions. You notice Marietta's damp glance your way and you share eye contact. One of the best ways for enemies to back down is to smile at them, or so you have heard. So you give your best I'm-better-than-you smile to her, and she looks away. It worked.