I: 07 - Gardens

All in all, the four boys had a great time. Even though Louis was slightly salty about losing, he filmed a video with Dan about memes while Harry and Phil filmed their videos. 

If Louis was salty before, he's ultra salty after Dan wins their game by knowing more memes. (This, Louis thinks, is reasonable, however. Dan Howell himself is a meme. It's simply his second nature.)

After all the filming is finished, the group sits in the living room, editing their videos. It's mainly quiet because the lot of them like peace so they can concentrate while working. 

About an hour passes before Dan shifts in his seat and then stands up. "I'm just gonna- I brought some food... Is it cool if I eat it in here?"

"Yeah! Yeah, definitely," Louis assures, but Harry finds himself slightly offended. 

"Why'd you bring food? I'm not a bad cook... I was gonna make us-"

"It's not that," Dan states immediately. 

"He's gone vegan," Phil answers, "He didn't want to burden you with that or anything." Dan nods in approval.

"Oh!" Harry exclaims, "You could've just told me; I would've figured something out."

"No, it's fine. I brought stuff," Dan reaffirms, with a soft smile. He makes his way to the kitchen and comes back out with the bag he had brought, pulling a bag of trail mix out of it. 

Louis shrugs, directed towards Harry to non-verbally tell him not to worry about it. 

They all edit for another hour or so before Harry decides to start cooking and Louis suggests that the other three take a break as well. When Harry reenters the living room, he definitely doesn't expect to see the others playing Just Dance together, but. 

"Without me?!" Harry complains after he's done fawning over how small and cute Louis looks while standing between Dan and Phil. (So tiny.) 

"Oh, my god. Harry, take my spot." Dan pants, "The Kinect version is even more tiring than the Wii version." 

"I mean, the food is ready but I will gladly play." Harry beams, stepping to where Dan used to be standing. 

Really, all of the boys suck at the game and Dan definitely thinks it more entertaining to watch rather than play. Also, while he's on the couch, Delilah finds her way to Dan's lap.

Finally, after what seems like ages, the song ends. Surprisingly, Phil and Louis nearly tie. (Louis wins; Harry probably would've won if he hadn't started in the middle of the song.)

Subsequently, they all go to the kitchen to eat. Harry's quite curious about what Dan brought to eat, as there must be quite limited options. Phil sees Harry eyeing the bag and whispers to him, "It's basically just like squirrel food."

Harry purses his lips, nods, and then follows Louis to the dining room table. 

After eating, Dan and Phil decide to return home because Phil is beginning to sneeze quite a lot. (He's allergic to cats.) 

The videos are all posted the next day, when all the editing is done on everyone's part. The response is hugely positive, so the group comes to a mutual decision that they will have to collaborate again in the future. 

"So, we're definitely inviting them, then?" Harry inquires randomly, causing Louis to hum a little, "hm?"

"Dan and Phil, the wedding."

"Oh, yeah. Definitely." 

 ✖ ✖ ✖ 

It's about a week until Harry convinces Louis to check out another wedding venue with him. They decide that instead of reviewing the venue from a strictly professional, wedding point-of-view, they'd treat it as a day out. 

That explains how Louis finds himself packing two lunches while Harry rummages around in the cabinets looking for sunscreen. "I swear I put it in here last week," Harry mumbles to himself before opening and shutting another cabinet. 

"Bathroom," Louis states and Harry's head perks up to look towards Louis and then he heads down the hall. He reminds Louis a bit of a puppy. 

He emerges out of the bathroom triumphantly, holding the sunscreen above his head in champion-like manner. Louis rolls his eyes with a smile and slips the last juice box into the lunch bag. 

The drive to the botanical gardens is uneventful excluding the fact they saw a very tall man on a unicycle and Louis reached over the console to honk the horn at him (causing him to jump and fall off the unicycle). Louis didn't stop laughing for a good ten minutes, naturally. 

"You're such an ass," Harry laughs along, "I hope he's okay."

It's a few dollars to get into the gardens, but after the two pay they have the whole day to explore. (Mostly, it was just Harry holding Louis' hand and exclaiming, "Look at these!" every five seconds before dragging him over to another plant.)

"They're all lovely, Harry," Louis agrees, spotting a castle-like structure in the distance. 

Harry must've seen it at the same time, as his eyes widen and he let out a little excited squeal before running ahead of Louis to get to it. Louis chuckles and follows behind. 

"This is so pretty." Harry is in awe as he looks at the wooden structure. "I could see us getting married in front of this. I love it."

"It is pretty."

"But, like, can't you picture it? We would be standing right here..." Harry begins an animated ramble, pointing at different places and telling what would happen there. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah, I like it," Louis grins, eyeing the structure. "Let's climb to the top." 

It's not extremely tall; it's about the same height as a two story house. There's a ramp along the size and stairs going up through the interior, which is open in the front and back. 

"I'll race you," Louis challenges, and Harry raises his eyebrows. 

"Alright. Go!" Harry laughs as he catches Louis before he's ready and begins towards the ramp. 

Louis narrows his eyes at his fiance, but then runs up the wooden stairs. He thinks that he will surely lose, stairs are way harder to run up than ramps. But, when he reaches the top, Harry's just arriving. 

"It's a tie? Wow, that's anticlimactic." 

Harry doesn't respond, he just looks out over the gardens. "It's so beautiful. Louis, I really love it here."

"I know you do," Louis leans on the railing, "I do, too."

"Do you think we should-"

"It's all up to you, babe." 

"I think... we should probably think about it for a bit. And talk to the workers here and see how it all works here." Harry's gaze remains full of wonderment as he scans all the pretty colors of plants under him. 

And sure, it's cheesy as hell, but Louis just thinks that Harry is prettier than all of it. 

 ✖ ✖ ✖ 

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS

sorry but i bet u weren't expecting two updates IN A ROW!! 

(i wasn't either)

in other words i have been listening to the same two twenty one pilots songs on repeat for at least 6 hours what is wrong with me