Explaining

"Where should we start?" Her father says, later that evening to his sleepy daughter on the other couch, Puck sitting tightly to her, making sure no one tries to try anything funny. Although, he would if it wasn't the circumstance of her amnesia.

"Maybe with how I know everyone." Sabrina whispers.

"I'm your father." He begins. "Henry Grimm. For a long time, your mother and I disappeared, an you took care of your sister as you jumped from foster home to foster home."

"Could you give me some space please?" Sabrina yawns at Puck. He scoots over a little. But not much.

Daphne, eyes still burning from crying. "We had a social worker who was evil. She set us up in horrible families. But then she sent us here, to Granny." She sits on her dad's lap.

"Then I took care of you, and your sister, with a very kind man named Mr. Canis." Granny says. Everyone goes silent at his name.

"Who is Mr. Kane-iz?" Sabrina asks.

"A very kind old man, who passed away in the explosion that almost killed you." Puck whispers in her ear. "Some people think you made the bomb, but I don't." He tries to wrap his arms around her waist, but she stops him.

"What are you doing?" She questions. This kid seems like a freak. Why would she ever like a guy like him?

"I'm sorry," he whispers. "I used to not be able to stop myself from getting closer to you. Ask anyone for witness."

"After Mr. Kane-iz, what happened?" Sabrina tries to get to continue.

"You tried to run away with your sister." Granny replies.

"And that's when I saw you two for the very first time." Puck grins widely. "I sent my pixies after you, and then, they attacked. It was hysterical!" He grins mischievously.

"What did I see in him?" Sabrina questions.

Her father groans. "That, Sabrina, I was asking myself the entire time when you were around him." Puck grins wider by her. She then notices he has a wooden sword on his belt. Weird.

"One of the worlds' greatest mysteries," One twin says, coming in through the kitchen with a cup of coffee as the other follows. Their hair is black with emerald eyes, hair spiked. They look like younger versions of the man who introduced himself as Uncle Jake.

"Why Sabrina Grimm fell in love with the pig with wings." The other dreamily replies.

"Pigs do fly!" The first one high fives his brother.

"Shut up, Anderson." Puck growls.

"Make me, Goodfellow!" One replies with a laugh.

"Are they always this...immature?" Sabrina questions.

"Yup." Her mom says, behind her, playing with Sabrina's hair.

"After he saw me," Sabrina tries to continue. She wanted answers.

"You headed home. And now we explain Everafters." Puck sighs. He rubs his temple. "This gotta be fun."

"Everafter?" She stares oddly at her father. A pain pierces her gut again. She wails in the pain, as if a human was emerging from her stomach. She screams out as visions flood her mind. A million books, and the entire story to each one. The pain pushes through and Sabrina is sobbing with pain, lying on the ground, as images of each character comes to life. She then understands that all books are documentaries, and the characters a real. A big boat flashes in her head, wooden and loftily floating in a storm. The main steering, she realizes is her ancestor. The brothers Grimm.

Her eyes flick open and the pain stops. "I understand Everafters." She whispers.

"What happened?" Her 'Uncle Jake' asks. He touches where she was clutching in agony.

"Certain words trigger memories to come back. It hurts my gut." She cries.

"Can you guys peek aside for a second, I'm going to examine her pain." The uncle replies. Everyone turns but Puck. "Please turn around."

He nods no. "Last time I did that, she was kidnapped."

"Fine, but at least have the decency not to stare at certain parts." He replies. Puck looks down.

Her uncle lifts up her hospital gown and gasps. Puck looks and gasps too. Everyone stares at her stomach.

In black, there are smudges in the shape of a hand, that glows red.