Chapter 1

" Wake up Nebbie it's time for your first day of high school," Nebbie's mother said as she walked into her room. Nebbie groaned not wanting to wake up. She knew last night would be her last day of summer so she stayed up all night.

" Come on Nebbie wake up," Nebbie's father joined in. Nebbie pulled back her light grey bed sheets and got out of bed. She stretched and then yawned she was so tired. Maybe I should've went to bed last night. She thought.

" Breakfast is almost done sweetie. I'll let you know when it's finish," Her mother said. Both of her parents left her room and she went into her bathroom. She tried her best to ignore the large mirror but couldn't help to look at it. She was mocha skinned. Throughout the summer she tried to lose weight but she couldn't even get out out of bed some mornings. She wanted to change her body to get a fresh start for freshmen year but she was still her 243 pound self.

She washed her face using St.Ives apricot scrub. She had a little acne but at least the scrub was working for her oily skin. She tooked off her silk black bonnet and began to pull off her rollers that she had in her hair. If she was confident about one thing it was her it was long and hers. She brushed her hair gently not taking her curls out. She parted her hair to the side so she could cover up some of her face. She thinks that her face is too chubby to wear a center part.

She left her bathroom and went into the closet pulling out her school uniform. She went to Dunbar a high school in Washington DC which is where she lived. She put on her white collared polo shirt, khaki pants, and black flats. She sprayed on some Cherry Blossom perfume that she got from Bath and Body works with her mom a few days ago.

Her parents were very supportive of her. Her dad was a trainer and is very healthy well built man. Her mom was an accountant and was a healthy women as well. She wonders how did she get so big when her parents were the complete opposite. She sighed before looking at herself in the mirror. Loving you is complicated. She thought before walking out of her bedroom to downstairs and see the well made breakfast her mom left.

" I made your favorite. Belgian waffles and strawberries on top," Her mother said. It was her favorite she could eat it every morning. Her mouth watered just looking at it. She sat on the kitchen table and dug in the plate like it was her last meal.

After eating it, it was around 6:50am and she had only 15 minutes to get her stuff together. She sighed thinking that she should've done this last night. She went back in her room and put on her bright yellow Jansport backpack and grabbed her black satchel bag and headed back down to the living room. Her dad always drove her to school while her mom picked her up.

" Alright come on Nebbs we gotta go," Her father said.

" I'm ready," She said. She wasn't ready she was actually scared.

" Bye Nebbie, I love you. Have a great day," Her mother said.

" I love you too mom," She said. Then she got into her Dad's all black Altima. She plugged her headphones into her Samsung Galaxy S5 and turned on some Alicia Keys hoping to build her confidence up.

After the third song on her playlist she arrived at Dunbar. She took a deep breath.

" You'll be fine," Her dad said.

" Really? I hope so," She said with hope. Her father gave her a kiss on the cheek.

" Have a good day sweetheart," He said. She got out the car and looked at the huge school in front of her. It was a nice school they have a pool, football field, and three floors. She went inside the school. She looked around and saw lines for schedules she got into to the A-F line. She waited in line with her head down she saw a few people who bullied her in middle school and tried her best to ignore them. She made it to the front of the line.