Chapter 25

Chapter 25 - The Whole Truth

It was the last week of school at Dunbar. After the camping trip, everything sorta changed. Nebbie hasn't talked to Adonis the whole weekend. She was afraid of speaking to him and how she left him there. It's not like she didn't like the kiss it just that she didn't want to ruin their friendship. But also because she was insecure about herself she didn't think that he would actually like her.

Nebbie put her headphones in and was listening to Bryson Tiller. She really didn't want to go to Chemistry this morning and sit next to Adonis. But when she got into the class he was not there yet and besides she was a little early. She at down in her seat and pulled out a coloring book and some crayons and began to color.

Adonis came into class late. His head wasn't in the right place. The whole thing with Nebbie kinda set him off track. He thought they had something they thought they connected at the lake. He knew since the first day he saw her that he liked her and had something for her. Adonis took his sit next to her but he saw that she was already busy. Of course he wanted to talk to her but he could tell when he was being ignored.

❀❀

Nebbie was at her locker getting all her stuff together before lunch. Today for her was okay she was ignoring Adonis and it seemed to be working. At least she thought, because Adonis was on his way to talk to her at the lockers.

"Nebbie! Why you trying to ignore me?" Adonis asked her.

"Leave me alone. I just want to by myself," Nebbie said. Adonis was getting a little upset he thought it was himself who did wrong but maybe it was her.

"I'm sorry for kissing you if that's why you're mad," Adonis said.

"Well Adonis you can't just do that," Nebbie said.

"I thought we had something I know I'm not the only one who felt it," Adonis said.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Nebbie lied.

"So that's how it is? You just gon stop talking to me," Adonis said.

"I don't know I just don't want to be around you at this moment," Nebbie said.

"Can I ask you this question? Why? Why are you so distant toward me? Are you hiding something?" Adonis asked.

"You know what why don't you ask your football captain. Why don't you ask Brianna? Shit just ask anybody about me and they'll tell you," Nebbie said. Adonis was confused. He wondered about what she was talking about. But before he could even ask Nebbie walked away. Adonis was just standing there by her locker.

Brianna saw the whole argument and she decided this was her opportunity to get with him.

"Adonis...Are you okay?" Brianna said.

"Don't front like you wasn't watching what happened. I saw you," Adonis said.

"I did...It's a lot you don't know about Nebbie," Brianna said.

"What do you mean?" Adonis asked.

"Well she kinda has thing for Lance. They dated all last year," Brianna said.

"Lance?" Adonis said. That crushed his ego. She goes out with Lance but not me Adonis thought.

"Yeah Lance. They broke up because she was so quick to pressure him to sex. She's not as a sweet girl as she seems. So at this party we had she slept with one of his friends. Then Lance exposed her the next school day and she was embarrassed," Brianna explained.

"I don't believe you. Not Nebbie she wouldn't have went with Lance," Adonis said.

"You weren't here last year so you wouldn't know. We were friends once but things changed she got mixed in the wrong crowd," Brianna said.