Carver Remy

Location: Miami Harbor-Base of Operations

Camila POV

"Repeat what you just said Armando?" I turn around from my laptop, facing Armando, disbelief written all over my face knowing what I heard was as clear as the day.

We were currently working at our base, Armando and I zoned out onto our work. The day is almost coming where we finally return to Mexico, so we need to be aware of what type of missions we will be on once we arrive over there. But out of the bloom, I heard Armando whisper words like if he was typing his thoughts onto his keyboard. Fortunately he was loud enough for me to hear.

"My mother is adding two more people to the hit-list." He responded, still not looking up from his laptop.

"Who...are they?" I ask, breathing out, slowly my patience running out.

"They are named Carver Remy and Captain Howard"

"Captain as in.....the captain of the police department? When were you going to tell me? What role do any of them have in this?"

Questions filled my mind as I start to approach him,quickly glancing at his screen.

A checklist?

"Someone actually paid us to do it. My mother informed me this morning."

"Doing everyone's dirty work again, aren't we. Are we that desperate."

I say, emphasizing the last word to get a reaction out him. He hasn't looked me in the eye since we started our work. But he just ignores my comment.

"Armando, are you seriously thinking of going through with this?"

"I'm supposed to, I don't know why your questioning me"

Armando was so focused onto his laptop, that it started to make me slightly annoyed because he seemed like he didn't care how this made me
feel.

"look me in the eye when you speak to me."

"We have attempted and killed four people involved in law enforcement. With that, we are the most targeted in this city and now you want to add on to the number. Don't you think this Mike Lowrey cop is looking for you too?"

"It's a hit list Camila, what do you expect"

"This is a captain you're talking about! If someone sent it to her, then she should do her own dirty work instead of using her own child to conduct it for her!" I started to yell, accidentally blurting out the last part.

Armando finally looks up from his laptop, staring me down, his eyes darkening by the second.

"She's not using me. And that better be the last time I hear that come out of your mouth Camila." With the amount of sternness in his voice, I decided to step back a little to give him space realizing the change in his behavior, not knowing why he keeps defending his mother.

"Armando, we are literally in a situation that both of our fathers were put in. At any moment we could get caught, aren't you dying to go to Mexico as fast as possible? far away from where your father was captured?"

I don't know how he hasn't suspected anything. I get the concept of a hitlist, I get the concept of wanting people to suffer, I get the concept of what Isabel is trying to do but after her husband was put down, she should seriously be working on building up the cartel again and a relationship with her son, not chasing someone for what has almost felt like a year.

"Well your father wasn't the one that died, did he? You don't know what it feels like. So therefore, you're not allowed to question anything after today. It's my mission. Not yours." Armando says snarky, paying full attention to what he was typing instead of  thinking about what's happening here.