xv

Namjoon thought he was going to be fine while Naeun was gone.

But it's been an hour and a half and he wanted to call her to come back.

He played on his phone, he searched the house for intruders (twice), and he tried to get Netflix to work on the TV (he couldn't figure it out). He ate the food that Naeun had prepared for him and he ate an entire bag of popcorn by himself.

He wanted to talk to Naeun. He missed her so much.

So that's why he was laying on her bed, staring up at Minsu's number on his phone.

He never did call Minsu at that time.

But he did call him at four am when Naeun was still not home.

"Hello?" Minsu mumbled, just woken up by Namjoon's call.

"Hi Minsu, uhm, this is Namjoon." Namjoon took a deep breath, mustering the courage to speak to Naeun's brother. "It's probably nothing, but Naeun hasn't come back from her date with Daeho yet and she didn't answer my text and I'm kinda getting worried."

Minsu sat up quickly in his bed. "What?"

"Yeah, she told me not to wait up for her but I was going to anyways and I thought she'd be home around one am or something and four am just seems really late and maybe I'm wrong but what could they being doing on their date but then again I've never been on a date so I don't really know but I figured I'd give you a call." Namjoon rambled off, turning on his side, laying on Naeun's bed still, under her covers.

"Y-Yeah, uhm, thank you Namjoon. I'll give her a call and find out what's going on." Daeho stumbled out of bed, turning on the lamp. "Try to get some sleep, Buddy. She'll be home when you wake up."

"Oh, yeah, uhm, I'll try." Namjoon gave a weak smile. "Bye, Minsu."

"Bye." Minsu walked into his kitchen, quickly calling Ujin. "Hello?? Hyung?"

"What? What's wrong?" Ujin answered on the second ring.

"Are you with Nauen?" Minsu asked, running a hand through his hair, staring at his kitchen counter.

"No? Why? She should be home."

"Namjoon just called me and said she's on a 'date' with Daeho and isn't home yet."

"What? A date?" Ujin frowned, getting out of bed too.

"I think it's something with the Nightjars and I really think you need to go check on her." Minsu urged, walking to his office. "Naeun wouldn't leave Namjoon alone that long. I've got a bad feeling."

"Missions shouldn't take that long either, unless it's a planned, multi-day one." Ujin grabbed a pair of pants and a shirt from his closet, putting them on. "Can you come over and stay with Kian while I go to headquarters?"

"Yeah, of course." Minsu agreed, putting his laptop in his bag. "Uhm, let me know what's going on with Naeun, okay?"

"Sure sure." Ujin nodded, hurrying to the bathroom to was his mouth out real quick. "Is Namjoon going to be okay?"

"I think so. He's pretty independent." Minsu got into his car, in his pajamas. "I'll be there as soon as I can."

"I'm going to head out. You know how to get past my home security, right?" Ujin asked, giving a little wave to Kian's closed bedroom door as he walked passed it.

"Yep. Just keep me updated about Naeun."

"Will do."

"Where's Eagle?" Ujin walked up to Eagle's receptionist, noticing that Eagle's office's lights were off and locked up.

"Uhm, he's out." The receptionist quickly stood, eyes wide as she tried to secretly glance over at her coworker.