August 22, 2025

Prompt: God speaks directly to you – what does He say?

I had always been a devout believer in God, attending church regularly, reading the Bible, and praying every day. But never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that God would actually speak directly to me.

It was a normal Sunday morning, and I was sitting in church listening to the sermon when suddenly, I felt a warm, comforting presence wash over me. It was as if someone was gently wrapping me in a blanket of love and understanding. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to bask in the feeling, tears of joy streaming down my face.

And then, I heard His voice. It was deep and resonant, yet somehow gentle and soothing at the same time. "My child," He said, "I have a message for you."

I was stunned, unable to comprehend what was happening. Was I imagining things? Was I losing my mind? But deep down, I knew it was real. God was speaking directly to me.

"You have always been faithful to me, my child," He continued. "You have spread my word and shown kindness to all those around you. But there is still so much more I need you to do."

I listened intently, hanging on His every word. He spoke to me about the importance of spreading love and compassion, of helping those in need, of being a beacon of light in a world filled with darkness. He told me that I had a special purpose, a mission that only I could fulfill.

As I sat there, bathed in His presence, I felt a wave of clarity wash over me. I knew in that moment that I was meant for something greater than myself, something that would bring joy and hope to those who needed it most.

And then, just as suddenly as He had appeared, His presence faded away, leaving me feeling both humbled and inspired. I knew that from that day on, my life would never be the same.

I left the church that day with a newfound sense of purpose and determination. I set out to make a difference in the world, just as God had asked me to. I volunteered at local charities, visited the sick and elderly, and offered a helping hand to anyone who needed it.

And as I went about my work, I could feel His presence guiding me, urging me forward, nudging me in the right direction. His words echoed in my mind, spurring me on when times were tough and filling me with strength and courage.

Years passed, and I continued to do God's work, touching the lives of countless people along the way. I saw the impact of my actions, the ripple effect of kindness and compassion spreading out into the world like a gentle wave.

And then, one day, as I sat in prayer, I heard His voice once again. "Well done, my child," He said. "You have fulfilled your mission admirably. You have brought light to those in darkness and hope to those in despair. You have made a difference in the world."

Tears of joy sprang to my eyes as I thanked God for His guidance and wisdom. I knew that I had truly been blessed in ways I could never have imagined.

And as I continue on my journey, I know that God will always be by my side, speaking to me in the silence of my heart, guiding me toward a future filled with love, joy, and purpose. And for that, I am eternally grateful.