Chapter 31

Master Sol, followed by dozens of Jedi and Yord, landed on Dathion, the ship touching down near the area where Aeloria's stolen ship from the Jedi Temple had been parked. The urgency of their arrival was clear as they prepared to search for her.

As Master Sol set foot on the ground, he reached out through the Force, instantly sensing Aeloria's presence. Her emotions were a tumultuous mix of fear, desperation, and an odd, lingering sense of longing. He turned to his team, his face set with determination.

"We need to move immediately," he instructed. "Aeloria is in distress, and we must find her immediately."

Their speeders sped across the forested terrain, heading toward the palace. Upon arrival, they were met by a squad of palace guards armed with blaster rifles. Master Sol stepped forward, his demeanor authoritative.

"This is an emergency diplomatic rescue mission," Master Sol announced. "We are here under the authority vested in us by the Galactic Republic. According to the Galactic Order, we have the right to intervene in matters concerning Jedi, especially when it involves the safety of one of our own."

The lead guard's expression was stern, his voice unwavering. "The palace refuses to recognize the authority of the Jedi in this jurisdiction. We have severed ties with the Galactic Congress and do not acknowledge any claims to jurisdiction by the Jedi Order."

Master Sol's expression remained firm, his gaze unwavering. "Regardless of your current stance, the safety of a Jedi is paramount. We will proceed with this rescue to ensure their well-being and uphold our duty to protect all those under the Republic's care."

The lead guard's expression was stern as he responded, "This is an independent government, headed by His Majesty King Tharlin Khelsar. We do not recognize the authority of the Jedi here. According to His Majesty, we are not to receive any orders from the Jedi Order."

The tension in the air was palpable as the Jedi's hands hovered near their lightsabers, while the guards kept their blaster rifles pointed at them.

Suddenly, Master Sol's face contorted into anger as he felt a surge in the Force. Stepping forward, he demanded, "You will cooperate with us. Someone's safety is at stake, and we will not be deterred."

Silence.

And without warning,one of the guards, his voice laced with hostility, shouted, "Charge!"

As the guards began to open fire, the Jedi sprang into action, their lightsabers igniting in a flash of blue and green. The energy blades deflected the blaster bolts with precision, the clash of light and fire adding to the growing chaos.

Meanwhile, in the king's quarters, Aeloria scrambled with Yord's lightsaber in her hand, the weapon ready to be ignited. Qimir loomed above her, his helmet on, a dark figure in the dimly lit room.

As he knelt before her, Qimir's voice was smooth, though his words carried a chilling weight. "Queen Aeloria Khelsar," he intoned, his tone almost reverent. The acknowledgment was heavy, a stark reminder of the role she had been thrust into. Her heart sank as the reality of her situation became painfully clear. Qimir had helped her take her place, but at what cost? She became an accomplice to the treason.

Fear surged through her body as she realized the gravity of the crown's weight—the unrest of succession, the uncertain reactions of advisors, the senate, and the people. She was now an accomplice in her brother's murder.

Qimir, sensing her turmoil, gently brushed his calloused hands against her cheeks, his touch both unsettling and strangely soothing. He removed his helmet, revealing his face, now more personal and intimate.