Rilin and Red

Deep breaths. Panting. Screaming.

My eyes open slowly. My vision is blurry at first, but once it steadies, i take in my surrondings. I am in an old building, with paint peeling off the long forgotten work. Water drip down on my face from above. and on the floor, are bodies, dead bodies. Realizing this, I scream. Lifeless bodies scattering through out the floor. I try to runaway, but I am suspended from the cieling, chains holding my wrists above me, uncomfortably. I try wiggling free, but the chains don't bust.

I hear talking. Words in a different language. They people belonging to those words are apporching closer. I have to get out of here! I swing my self back and forth, until i feel the chains lossening from above. One more swing and the chains break, causing me to fall to the floor. I open my eyes and see another pair looking straight at me. I hold my scream from escaping my mouth and look around for an escape route. I find a low air vent to the right of me. I crawl over dead bodies and kick the vent open. They are getting closer. I kick harder until the vent opens and i crawl in, closing the vent behind me. I keep crawling, hearing the shout of men from behind me. After a few minutes of fast crawling, i slow down. Suddenly, I'm falling. I hit water and swim to the surface. that wasn't a air vent, but water drainage. Except the water isn't blue, not even brown, the water is red, red from blood. I swim over to the ledge and hop up, curling my legs into me and start crying. Where is Red?

************************************************************************************************************

3 months earlier.

"Rilin! Wake up!" called Annabeth. Rilin pulled herself out of bed and looked out the window at their little village. Snow covered the ground and the trees making a border around the intire village. She stood up from her old, rickety, twin bed and walked over to her wardorbe. Her wordorbe contained a couple of old t-shirts and three pairs of jeans, along with a long white dress and an older blue dress.

All the villages and towns were small and out of the way. The villiagers lived like the olden ways, unlike the three big cities of Metrical(country they live in). The three cities of Metrical were the most advanced in technology and also lived like the people of the 21st century use too. But alot changed after the American and Korean war. The rest of the world lived like the 1500-1600 people use too, except for the three cities.

Rilin tried looking out from the forest, to see a different secnery then the forest, but the trees went on for miles in either direction, so it was impossible.

Atfter the American Koren war, a virus broke out, turning people into the living dead. Major cities were destoryed and in ruin. People now believe if they isloate thenselves, the virus wouldn't spread as fast. During the out break, an organization called the BSSA (I know, resident evil..) was born. The BSSA was stronger than the American army and the soldiers were specially trained to handle the mutations and out break of the virus.

Rilin opened the window, and a rush of cold air blew into her room. Rilin breathed it in. She leaned out the window, looking at the village folk. Oh how she wished to escape this village and travel around the world and how she longed see the Crystal City, even from the top of the snow covered mountains surrounding the city from every side. To see the amazing, tall skyscrapers, that look like crystals. of course she had only heard stories of the towering city, more like myths really. No one from her village had actually been to the Crystal City. 

"Rilin! More your Ass and get down here! The Chickens need to be fed!" Annabeth called. Rilin closed her window and changed into a pair of worn out jeans and an old t shirt. She took a quick look at herself in the cracked mirror by her bed. Her short, brown hair fell just above her eyes, and her big brown eyes stared right back at her. Rilin sighed and ran down the tight hallway and down the old rickety stairs. 

************************************************************************************************************

Red sighed. She had been traveling for a week now, and still she hadn't seen a single road sign saying how far the village was. Red stopped and looked around. Snow fell from the sky above, and all around was huge pine trees, that covered the ground below like a canopy. Red was on the only road in and out of the forest. It was dirt, of course, and not as wide as the ones closer to the cities. 

Red carried on and walked down the road. She kept walking for what seemed like hours, until she came upon and cross road. The road she was perviosly on, led out of the forest, the road to the right led to Mystical Lake, and the road to the left led to the village, Albetstien. Red sighed in relif and  took the road to her left. After 15 minutes of walking, she saw the gaint wooden gates of the enterance. Red walked of the road and into the forest. 

************************************************************************************************************

Rilin, her sisiter Annabeth and her father lived at the end of the village, closest to the Forriben forest, closest to the nightmares. The gate of the village didn't reach all the way to the end of the village. No one in the village reallt knew why they had a gate that only streched 3/4 of the way. 

Rlin picked up the bucket the bucket of feed and headed out to the stables. First, she let the three horses out into the tiny passage, then she cleaned out their stalls. She then fed the pigs, the slop and the chicken the fed. Rilin looked out to the edge of the Forriben forest. Rilin turned back to feeding the chicken, then looked back. at the edge of the forest, a pair of red eyes were glaring at her. Rilin slowly opened the door at the back of the stables and walked out to the edge of the forest. The red eyes stared, and when she was close the shadowy figure turned around, almost like it was beckoning her to follow. Rilin reached out with right right hand and leaned on a tree. Just as she was about to follow the creature, she heard someone speak. 

"I wouldn't follow, if I were you."