Chapter 67: I'm Afraid

At 2.00 a.m., A taxi pulled over outside Greenville residence. Sarah struggled to get out of the car and leaned her weight on the front passanger door while making a call. "Hey, Pretty boy, I'm downstairs. Come get me."

"What?"

Sarah hung up without saying more and turned to the driver who had rolled down the window. "Where's my change?"

The driver tossed some loose change to her, grumbling, "You still remember to as for change when you are this drunk." He had thought people who lived around here wouldn't care about a few coins.

"Of course, it's my money." Sarah tossed her messy hair off her face and frowned. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"No problem, ma'am." The driver shook his head. "Just saying."

"Okay." Sarah opened her purse, fished out $100 and handed him. "Here you go."

The driver widened his eyes and took the money with trembling hands. "Miss, you've already paid for the ride. What is this for?"

"Your tip." She smiled and waved at him before staggering away. The driver put away the money quickly still unable to process what happened. Who would have expected someone who asked for her coins back to give such a generous tip?

Less than a minute later, a worried Henry walked out of the building. He had a black T-shirt, grey sweatpants, slippers and tousled hair. Sarah couldn't help but ogle at his perfect upper body. There is something captivating about men in grey sweatpants. He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw her hugging the lamp post and jogged towards her.

"I'm here." Sarah let go of the lamp post and waved at him excitedly.

"What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" he scolded, concern evident in his voice, while inspecting her and only relaxed when he found nothing wrong with her. "Don't you know it's dangerous?"

"I missed you," she said, smiling. "And I brought you a gift." She twirled in front of him. "See? Aren't I pretty? Do you like it?" With her being tipsy, she lost her balance and fell on her butt. She winced and looked up at him, aggrieved. "Why didn't you catch me?"

Henry blinked at her innocently and shrugged. "I didn't know you were that clumsy." He bent over to help her up but she refused to get up.

"No, I want a piggy back." She pouted and extended her arms, waiting for him to carry her. Under the dim lighting, her glittering eyes had an allure that could even soften rocks.

Henry couldn't resist those puppy eyes. He could only sigh. "Fiiine."

"Yaaaay!" Sarah squealed and hopped onto his back, wrapping her arms around his neck. He accepted his fate and carried her inside, heading to the lift. "Can we take the stairs?" Sarah suddenly asked.

Henry stopped in his tracks. "Why?"

"If we take the lifts, the distance will be too short and there's no fun in that," Sarah explained with utmost seriousness that even Henry couldn't find words to refute. "A billionaire is carrying me. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't want it to end too soon."

The alcohol in her breath wafted into his nose and he frowned. "Sarah, did you drink?"

Sarah quietened from his question. He didn't probe further and headed to the lift anyway. Who'd have the energy to take the stairs all the way to the 18th floor in the middle of the night? Of course he knew she'd taken a few drinks. He didn't know how much. He decided to find out when they get back into the house.

Sarah reluctantly got off his back as soon as they got into the house and stood in a daze, admiring the luxurious room. Anyone who didn't know any better would think this was her first time stepping into this apartment. Henry closed the door behind him and pinned her against the wall. "Sarah, did you drink?"