Chapter One- Captured

Chapter One: Captured

Heavy breathing. That was all Karen could hear. Her eyelids slowly flickered open. Just that small movement alone had her sharply inhaling in pain. Darkness encompassed her vision making it impossible to see where she was. Her heart was thumping wildly in her chest and her pulse pounded in her eardrums at the realization that she was tied down to something cold and hard. Her hands were bound tightly to each side of the table with leather straps and her legs, ankles, and head was also strapped down. There were straps that stretched across her body giving her even less maneuverability.

The leather bit into her sides, a constant burning where the straps were too tight. There was no escape. Cold sweat formed on her forehead, there was a draft that could be felt. If she weren't tied down she would've shivered from the cold. Or was that unadulterated fear?

The chilly air blew gently across her exposed breasts causing goosebumps to erupt across her entire body. Karen whimpered as she tasted the cloth that was stuffed inside her mouth, she felt the skin around her lips tug downward and her features scrunched up. The tape that was keeping the cloth inside was stuck on good. Upon noticing this, her breathing became more of a shallow pant. Her body was shaking with fear and no matter how hard she tried to move... even just a centimeter, her body would not budge. Cold sweat slowly trickled down the side of her temple leaving an icy trail behind almost like the touch of ghostly fingers.

Karen couldn't think straight. How had she ended up in this situation? She didn't even know how long she has been out.

Hours? Days? Weeks?

How had this happened?

That's when reality really started to sink in. The haze from the alcohol and chloroform slowly lifted and she gained more control of her scrambled and muddled thoughts. Walking out of a bar drunk. Large gloved hands with a cloth covering her mouth and nose. Now she was strapped naked to a cold metal table, in the dark and in an unknown location.

The truth of her situation kicked her brain into a frenzy.

Ice formed around her heart and traveled through her entire system. She was going to die. Karen started to whimper again, the sound muffled by the fabric gagging her, hot tears spilled down her cool cheeks, providing the only warmth she had felt since awakening. The sound of her heavy breathing and whimpering was the only noise that could be heard.

Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.

It grew louder and louder with each passing second. So painfully loud. What was it? Karen soon realized it was the beating of her own frantic heart. It was beating with a sick realization, hammering with fear; thudding with adrenaline against her breastbone.

She pondered on a means of escape, her eyes darting all around her in the dark, but would she ever find one? She hoped she would. This was just like those horror movies she watched. The unsuspecting victim gets abducted and held prisoner with the most atrocious things done to them. She shivered in thought and focused on her breathing, trying to calm her burning nerves so she could think straight, rationally. After calming her frazzled nerves and the pounding of her pulse — she picked up on another noise. It was faint, but she heard it. A humming sound, white noise something that if you weren't quiet and concentrating you might miss.

She recognized the sound as an air conditioner. Her sweat-covered body made her pain worse, the leather was rubbing her raw and her bodily fluids were stinging her wounds. She managed to wiggle just an inch using her sweat to her advantage and even though she knew she was in trouble — she had to try.