The Battle

I look out of the car window to see no sunshine. It seems even the weather is sad. I can tell my mom is now worrying. I think it's mainly since there's more authorities out than usual. I think again of the letter. Maybe the society is hiding something? My mom stops the car and my dad gets out. "Well, we're here." My mom looks at me. I get out of the car and I see two authorities at the door. When my mom and I approach, they stop us. "State your name and who you are related to." The guard on the left stares at my mother. "I am Sarah Wellington and this is my daughter Fionna. I am Roger's wife and Fionna is his child." My mother glanced at me from the side of her eye. "You may pass madam." The guards moved out of the way. I followed my mom into a room where my father was putting on his armor. If I remember right the armor is made to where when you get blasted the pain is distributed all throughout your body. When you've had enough and you're laying on the ground, the leader of the other team comes up to you and presses a special button to shoot you in the heart. The blasters are used by putting your life energy into the blaster and then you pull the trigger. My dad now has all his armor on. His color is white. In The Arena, there are six soldiers who go up against a criminal to see if they earn their right back into society. If the criminal loses, they obviously die in the attempt. The criminal usually is alone. "Well it seems I'm all suited up!" My dad tries to lighten the mood. My mom grabs my hand to try to comfort me. "Don't worry. I'm sure your father will come back." My mom looks hopefully at my dad. "Well what if he doesn't come back! What if he's the one who dies!?" I ask my mom. "Then I want you to remember that I always loved you." My father hugs me. I hear the intercom come on. "Will all participants please come onto the field please?" A voice echoes throughout the arena. "Well I guess that's me! Wish me luck!" My dad runs out of the room and into the arena. My mom guides me to a special area where the family members of the participants sit. I can see the whole arena up in this giant bubble. Only authorities and family members are allowed up here. The rest of society watches on bleachers with a wall in between them and the arena. I see the six soldiers come through a big door. I see that there's white, pink, light blue, dark blue, orange and yellow armor. Each color is on each person. When the soldiers are in place, the other big door on the other side opens to reveal a teenage boy. Strange. I thought only adults fought in the arena. I thought. The intercom came on once more. "Today I would like to mention the criminal Jay is the youngest ever to be in the arena. He is 16 years old. The match will begin momentarily." The voice echoes throughout the whole stadium. I look at Jay to see he is glaring at the soldiers with hate. Then I see him look around to see who's watching. Jay looked directly at me with his purple eyes. If it weren't for the barrier, I felt like I would be sucked into an endless abyss. "Hello." I hear a voice echo in my head. When I looked surprised, I saw Jay smile out of amusement while pointing to his head. "Jay? Is that you? How are you talking to me without using words?" I send the thought through my head. "It's called telekinesis. I can talk to people through my mind. It seems you can do the same if you can talk to me like this. So what do you think I did to get arrested?" Jay asks me while looking around once more. "Did you do something illegal?" I ask. "No. All I have done is have these type of powers. This is just one of my powers." Jay answers. "But the society wouldn't just convict innocent people who have done nothing illegal!" I stated shocked. "They would if it meant they could stay in control. That's what us criminals have done wrong. They discovered our power. I was discovered when I was little." Jay looks at the ground sadly. "So they just threw you in jail at a young age?" I asked. "Yes. My parents just completely neglected that I was even their child. They claimed I was a filthy psycho who will have no future. But if I win, I will change this society. I will secretly gather people just like us and run. Run far far away. Somewhere they will never find us. Fionna I hope you hide or run. You are not safe here. Don't get discovered." Jay looks away. The intercom comes on again. "The match will now begin." The voice echoes. I see Jay dash into the maze. He hides behind a corner in the middle. The six soldiers split up and search every corner. Jay peeks to his left side to see the pink soldier. I see Jay's blaster glow a dark blue. The pink soldier comes to the corner and sees Jay. The soldier tries to run but stops in her tracks. Jay has one hand raised towards her and the other hand on his blaster. I see the woman is struggling to move. Jay pulls the trigger, unleashing a watery blast. The blast hits the pink soldier on her back. Jay runs to his right side to look for a different soldier. I can see the pink soldier hides behind a wall while sitting painfully. Jay runs into a dead end and turns around to see a light blue soldier aiming his blaster at Jay. The soldier shoots, hitting Jay with ice shards on his shoulder. I see Jay scowl in pain. Jay points his blaster at the soldier. Jay's blaster glows an intense red. The soldier points his blaster again. Jay raises his hand towards the soldier. The soldier moves his blaster to point to his left side. Jay shoots an intense fireball at the soldier. It hits the soldier directly on his head. Jay goes up to the soldier and points his blaster to the soldier's heart. Jay presses the button and I see the soldier go limp. Jay runs straight into the middle area. He looks around at the possible ways to go. I see a soldier on his left and right hiding. "Go straight. There's a soldier on the left and right side." I tell Jay through his mind. I see him walk straight. "Thanks." Jay comes to another intersection. A yellow soldier sneaks up behind Jay. I see the soldier point his blaster. "Look out!" I warn Jay. I see Jay hold one hand up. The soldier has his finger over the trigger. I see him struggle to try to pull the trigger. Jay turns around and aims for the soldier. I see Jay's blaster glow a bright purple. The soldier is now trembling to try to pull the trigger. My mom nudges me. "Yes?" I ask. "Look. Your father is right behind him! I told you he would be just fine!" My mom happily tells me. "Jay! Behind you! But don't shoot!" I warn Jay. "Why can't I shoot?" Jay questions. "My father is behind you." I tell Jay. I see Jay shoots at the yellow soldier and dodges a white blast by moving to the right side. My father scowls at his mistake. I see him run away. Jay continues down the way the yellow soldier came from. Jay shoots the yellow soldier in the heart with the button. Jay continues down the pathway. Eventually Jay spots an orange soldier squatting down facing the other way. Jay sneaks up to her and points his blaster. I see Jay's blaster glows a dark green. I see the orange soldier doesn't notice. Just when Jay was about to pull the trigger, the orange soldier turns around and charges at Jay. Jay gets tackled to the ground and his blaster slips out of his grasp. "What are you going to do now you filthy criminal? This is your end." The orange soldier points her loaded blaster at Jay's face. I see her pull the trigger. "NNNOOO!!!" I scream as I see Jay's limp body. I feel a deep energy inside me begging to come out. My mom looks at me curiously. I let the energy flow out of me and the last thing I see is a wisp of energy floats to Jay. I collapse onto the floor as my vision goes black.