chapter no 27

"She was now waiting for that four-year-old boy to fall asleep, just like Inaya, so perhaps they could be moved from there somehow. But from Jibreel's expressions, she could tell that he had no intention of sleeping. After sitting there for ten to fifteen minutes, she got up. She needed to get new instructions regarding the children, and when she returned five minutes later, Hedi was with both of them. The woman took a deep breath and stayed silent. 

They did not want to harm the children, only keep them under surveillance until matters were settled with Salar in America. Despite giving Salar a clear response regarding his family in America, the CIA continued to monitor his family. 

The woman once again sat somewhere else in the visitor room. Inaya was now awake and wanted to go to the bathroom. Hedi wanted to take her to the bathroom. She told Jibreel once again to stay there. He didn't stay. He was not willing to let Inaya out of his sight. Hedi had to take him to the bathroom as well. The woman also got up and followed them to the bathroom, and Jibreel noticed her once again."

"'Why are you stalking us?' The woman, who was busy washing her hands in the wash basin, turned sharply on her heels upon hearing the sentence from the child standing beside Hedi, who was washing her hands in a nearby basin. Even if she hadn't turned around, she knew the child was addressing her.

 Hedi looked at the woman and smiled apologetically as if she didn't agree with Jibreel's remark, but Jibreel was still looking at the woman with the same displeased expression. The forty-five-year-old woman smiled and appreciated the four-year-old boy. For the first time, she was outwitted by a four-year-old, and she couldn't help but praise him. Whatever parents this child belonged to, he had been exceptionally well brought up.

Hedi left with both children, but the woman didn't leave. She didn't want to hear that sentence from the child again, which she had heard just a while ago. It would have been better if those who sent her had sent someone else in her place. Hedi repeatedly tried to meet Imama and insisted to the doctor to let the children meet Imama as well because Inaya was now getting restless. 

The doctor had shown her the human in the incubator, but she wasn't given access to Imama. Once again, she asked the doctor to hand both children over to her, and as always, Jibreel had stubbornly refused. Despite his sleepy eyes and exhaustion, he sat there holding Inaya's hand because Mommy had told him to take care of Inaya. He had also seen the baby boy in the incubator, the one Mommy had gone to get, but where was Mommy? This question was now troubling not only him but Hedi as well.

 She was now busy trying to contact Salar through his office in Kinshasa, but Salar was missing, and a catastrophe was about to strike the World Bank in Congo. Not just the World Bank, but also the representatives of the Western nations who were the pillars of colonialism in Congo.

Within twenty-four hours of his death, Petrus Ibaka had become a hero, not just for the pygmies of Congo but for all of Africa. This region had only ever seen rulers who were always ready to sell everything in their country for commissions worth billions of dollars. For the first time, this region had seen a hero—a hero who gave his life.

 Petrus Ibaka had spent his entire life struggling peacefully and preaching peaceful resistance, but after his death, his last will, which came to light, was shocking. In it, for the first time, he had urged his people to fight in the event of his unexpected and unnatural death. To save their jungles, they had to drive out the white colonizers, no matter what it took. In this will, he had harshly criticized the World Bank, America, and other global powers, and called for jihad against them. Although he wasn't a Muslim, he had studied various religions and found no more fitting word than 'jihad' to describe the rebellion against the injustice and oppression faced by his people.