15- Fool for You

Jadelynn stared at the woman in front of her, trying to keep her composure. There were no words to describe how embarrassed and un-orderly she felt. This wasn't the way she ever pictured herself meeting one of Alexander's parents. In fact, she really hadn't ever thought about meeting them. But here was exactly one half of his DNA looking at her with dark blue eyes that facial features that were similar to that of her son.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you. Alex has told me a lot about you," Jadelynn finally said, holding out her hand. The older woman slowly reached out and shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you too. But I'm afraid that my son has not told me a single thing about you."

Jadelynn watched as her eyes quickly looked at her from head to toe, her mouth frowning slightly. But instead of doing anything, Jade ignored it, hoping that wasn't a sign that his mother didn't like her already.

The woman gave her a tight lipped smile before turning to her son and giving him a slight glare. "Why didn't you tell me about her, Alex? It would've been nice to know you were with someone. Brook was asking about you again-"

Jadelynn shot Alex a questionable look at the mention of a woman named Brook. But she couldn't jump to conclusions, maybe she was an old friend of his or something. She knew this would be coming sooner or later, she just hoped this Brook woman wouldn't cause any problems. That was the last thing she needed.

"Jadelynn, are you okay?"
She snapped out of her thoughts and turned to Alexander who was looking at her, his eyes worried. Jade nodded, "I'm fine, sorry. I think I'm going to get ready to head home. I have a ton of things to do. I'm sure you want to spend time with your parents and sister before you leave. It was so nice to meet you Mrs. Kingman."

His mother smiled at her, and actually have her a genuine smile. Jade smiled back at her, hoping to woman didn't have too much to say to her. The aura she gave off was just... unfriendly. Almost as if she was just tolerating her.

Jadelynn nearly gave Alex another glare, this was all his fault. He could've warned her or something. Because now was obviously not the right time for her to be meeting his mother.
So she was taking the cowards way out by leaving. He needed to see his family before he left anyway, and she wasn't going to be the one who stopped him from doing that.
Instead she would encourage it, by hauling ass.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay longer? I'm sure Anson and Audrey would love to meet you. Wouldn't they Alex?" The blonde woman said, turning to Alex who was watching her like a hawk.
Jadelynn gave him a look that clearly meant 'tell your mother no', and he only rose his eyebrow at her. She wanted to choke him, he knew she was trying to go, but now he wanted to act dumb.

"Jade are you sure you want to go? Stay for dinner, I'll take you home right after, I promise" he told her.

"I can't, Alex. I have plans with Chelsey, I have to help her cook for a family get together, she took off work for it and she really needs my help."

It was a complete lie but it was the best she could come up with. It needed to seem important so that she didn't look rude.

"Okay, well let's go get your things. We'll be right back mom," he said, kissing his mom on the cheek. Watching that, Jadelynn worried for a split second that he was a huge mama's boy. She then came to realize she had so much to learn about him, and he had a lot to learn about her too. Including her relationship with her parents.

With his hand on the small of her back the two of them walked down to the bedroom. He shut the door and she immediately spun around and pointed at him.

"Why didn't you tell me your mom was coming?! Do you know how bad I look?! My neck is covered in hickies and my hair is a mess and-"

Suddenly his lips landed on hers in a steamy kiss, but she pulled away so she could yell at him some more. But before she could he placed a finger on her lip, and kissed her brow.