23 Skidoo

—Go away.

______________________

Such darkness should leave—

The two hearts that only

Seemed to grieve.

Night is falling;

Of stars

And beautiful scars,

That hear a calling—

Of silent smiles;

And mute pain,

From a thousand miles

Underneath quiet rain.

Of silent affection—

Of hugs that do not touch

And kisses without lips that do so much—

Calling;

Of an angel's heart—

That was once torn apart.

Of a human's heart—

That seemed to restart.

_______________________

A/N: Hello dears~ please read this chapter as slowly as possible, because it's rather intense and might be confusing if you read too fast O.O hehe, hope you enjoy this long chapter!

Brave Love Chapter 23: 23 Skidoo

[Past]

"Nice to meet you, I'm Trudy," She smiled kindly with a sweet disposition that seemed to warm the heart. The man accepted her extended hand with a firm shake, returning the smile stiffly.

"Xander."

He noticed her fingers lingering on the back of his hand for longer than necessary, but pushed the thought out of his mind.

"What are you doing here?" Xander gestured to the guest seat in his office—basic courtesy, before continuing, "Thought I made myself clear."

The sweet lady laughed with particular elegance, drawing attention to her slender fingers as she reached up to cover her mirth. "Oh! Yes you did, Xander. And so I have decided to make myself clear."

She slid into the leather seat facing her arranged fiancé in a fluid motion of grace. "I wanted to tell you that I have no intention of marrying you either."

At this, the man raised an amused brow—leaning back into his arm chair. "Continue?"

"I don't believe in Love, actually. And I doubt that our marriage will change that. Besides, I'm sure our fathers didn't consider this into the proposal anyway," She laughed once again; a hint of sadness in her voice.