Chapter-5: first dinner

Rose's P.O.V

I sipped on my last sip of coffee and exhaled deeply, trying to get the swallowing fear out of my body and relax a little even though, after seeing that side of his character, it was hard to relax. And the fact that I had to go out with him tonight was wreaking havoc on my nervous system. But nothing could be done, I had to go. I couldn't even bring myself to imagine the fateful events that could follow if I refused to go at this point.

The dress was sent and was received, he had reconfirmed for the evening with his rumbling, and… that was it.

No way out for me anymore

I huffed, gently placing the cup beside me

It was past 6 in the evening, I leaned on my hand resting on the windowsill and rose to my feet reluctantly.

It was about time. Time for me to get ready for him or should I say, “ doll up for him”. I felt the urge to roll my eyes to the back of my head at the idea but also, at the same time, felt my feet and palms stinging ticklishly before starting to go numb.

It always happened whenever I was too nervous or terrified which appeared to become a common situation for me to find myself in.

Pushing the thoughts away from my mind, I made my way towards my bedroom where I had left the boxes after the unsuitable delivery woman's departure.

I took my time as I began opening the boxes feeling hesitant.

Upon opening the first box my attention was immediately caught by a beautiful silk red gown. Taking it out of the box I lifted it into the air. It was such a pretty dress! It had spaghetti straps with a sweetheart neckline. Little wavy sleeves hung from the arms. The torso of the gown was hugging, being the narrowest around the waist, and from there, it flared down in waves.

There was something else in the box, something black and furry at the bottom of the box, and when I took it out, I realized it was a fur wrap that would reach right under my breasts. It was so soft that I couldn't resist the urge to brush it against my cheek. It had a knot and a pearl at the center to secure it around the shoulder.

In the second box, I found a flat square box and another box that looked like a shoebox. I decided to open the flat box first as it was on the top.

There was a simple very thin platinum chain with a single medium-sized heart-cut diamond attached to the center. In the hollow of the middle were two earrings; they had that same heart-shaped diamond but were smaller in size, and they were dangling from a very thin platinum chain.

I ran my finger along the chain of the neckpiece. It was so simple yet it was so elegant.

Putting the jewelry aside I opened the shoe box and found a pair of clear heels with sharp points around the toes. Those sharp points had diamonds scattered on them which sparkled under the light beautifully.

I hated that I couldn't deny the fact that his sense of fashion was good. Everything was so simple, never garish yet so gorgeous. I also noticed he dressed similarly. Maybe he liked to keep it simple.

Placing everything on my bed I slipped off my cotton dress and put on the gown. I zipped up the side zipper of the dress and my hands went to smoothen the silk fabric on their own accord. The top of the gown was like a second skin to my body. It was perfect. I sat down on the stool of my little fairy vanity to get myself ready.

I put on a little bit of compact before drawing a little wing line. I coat my lashes with some mascara and complete my look with red lipstick. I let my hair loose and they bounced around my waist when I moved. I wore the pieces of jewelry before spraying some perfumes behind my ears and on my collarbones.