Chapter 11

---- Chase's Palace ----

Once again it was almost twelve as everyone was doing their own thing in the palace, however one of them was still sleeping. That was until Kaiser jumped sitting herself up in bed sweating and eyes wide with horror. "I-it was o-only another nightmare..." Kaiser thought slowing down her fast paced breathing. Last night Kaiser was having a rough time being able to stay asleep as she kept waking up from having countless nightmares. Kaiser picked up her cell phone to check what time it was as it lit up showing the picture of Kari and herself when they were younger as it read twelve o'clock. She sent it back down as she got up to look at herself in the mirror.

Slight dark marks under her eyes and dried up tears from crying in her sleep. Letting out a sad sigh she turned her music on to get ready for the rest of the day and trying to cover up the dark spots with little make-up. A knock on the door and then Jacks voice soon followed.

"H-Hey Kaiser. C-can I come in? I tried baking and wanted to see how these pancakes are. I think I messed them up... I was also gonna give you a pudding cup in case they were bad but uh... We were all out." Jack gulped as he said this. Kaiser finished putting on a black tank top with the words "Light em' up" in red when she heard Jack talk to her from the other side. Walking over and opening the door rubbing her right eye very sleepy to see Jack with a plate of pancakes.

"I guess I can try one...Didn't you try one yourself, normally that's how you can tell if you've messed up or not." Kaiser said with a hint of tiredness in her voice. Kaiser ripped a piece off of the top pancake and looked at it carefully before taking a bite. As Kaiser swallowed the unpleasant tasting pancake.

"Y-yeah w-well I'm not that big of a pancake pan, I'm more of a waffle guy myself. S-so how does tast? Here's juice if it's bad." Jack smiled and held out a cup of apple juice. Kaiser took the juice and took a sip, it didn't taste that bad, but it wasn't great either. "Bad huh?" Jack gave a nervous smile.

"Well for one thing I don't think you let them fully cook, and a few things missing in flavor." Kaiser said poking the pancake with her index finger.

"Ok, noted." Jack smiled kindly. "Anything else I should change?" He asked feeling a strange thump. Kaiser thought about something as she rolled her eyes at her own thinking.

"If you really want to improve, I guess I can show you some time." Kaiser said rubbing the back of her neck looking away a bit. Before Jack could say something they could hear Wuya yelling.

"KAISER!" Kaiser gave an annoyed look, she did not want to deal with Wuya's loudness today.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT YOU HAG!?" Kaiser snapped back to thewitch in the distance.

"Chase is requesting your presence in the meditation room now!" Wuya said before walking away and Kaiser gave a funny look and shrugged. She then started to walk to said room.

"Better go see what he wants." She walked away away to see Chase and once in the room she stands before him.

"I believe you have something I should hold onto, Kaiser?" Chase said holding his hand out looking her in the eyes. Kaiser went into her pocket and pulled out a black flute with a purple skull and cross knives in the center with the notes numbered 1-4 and dropped it in his hand and left the room without another word. Jack looked toWuya and tilted his head.

"What did Chase want?" He asked.Wuya waved her hand at him.

"What Chase wanted is none of your concern Jack." She said to Jack.

"Awww, fine." Jack grumbled and went back to the kitchen to throw away his failed pancakes as he felt a twisting in his chest.

----- Xiaolin Temple -----