33 - Lost

Everything went in a blur.

Cops came to investigate the matter but no one could speak. They kept asking us loads of questions but no one could open their mouth. Amanda was a bit better than us.

After Amanda explained them everything, finally they let us leave.

We were all crying in our own way. This is the first time I saw him cry. I tried to comfort him but he pushed me harshly and screamed at me to leave him alone. I was scared of him that moment and left him on his own.

Everyone wanted to be alone.

Even me too.

I made my way to home thinking how worried my mom would be. I walked to home lost in thoughts, too late to see the ambulance standing out of house.

My dad was on the stretcher and my mom crying beside him.

What happened to him?

My legs were frozen on the spot as I saw they kept moving away from my eyes.

It all happened in front of me but I couldn't move myself.

In a minute I took a cab and told him to follow the ambulance.

Without paying him I rushed in the hospital behind my mother.

"Mom, what happened!?" I asked shaking her shoulders.

She slapped me hard making shiver hard. This was the first time she ever hit me. I look into her eyes and it wasn't of my loving mother. It was filled with hatred.

I couldn't process anything. So much happened in a matter of hours that my mind couldn't handle.

Picking myself up, I reached to the doctor and asked him about my dad.

"I'm sorry but he couldn't survive." I laughed at him.

"Stop lying to me. Tell me what happened to him!" I shouted at him and he held a look of sympathy in his eyes.

"I know it might be hard for you. But he couldn't survive the heart attack. I'm sorry but we couldn't save him." With that he just moved away.

NO! I don't believe him.

My dad can't be dead. He is my king. He can't be dead. NO!

"You did this. You bitch!" Mom then punched me on the cheek making me fall back. Then she kicked my stomach hard.

Then again and again. She kept going and I couldn't help but take it all in.

The doctors and nurses came holding her back. The physical pain was less than my emotional pain.

"You bitch! I never want to see your face again. You killed your own father! Never show my your face again!" Why is she acting this way?

"Mum, why are you doing this? What did I do mum?" I cried on the floor as one of the doctor helped me getting up.

"After all you did, you still have the nerve to talk to me? I'll kill you!" She charged at me but everyone held her.

Some doctors led me away and my gaze fixed on my small brother who was crying at the corner.

I moved out and the rain fell upon me as if mocking my luck. What happened to my mother? How can my father die?

I took out my cell and called him. Adding to my amazing luck he didn't pick up. After few tries to call,I gave up.

Daniel ignored my call. I needed him the most now.

I walked to my home and opened the door. It was a mess.

But my eyes fell upon a letter. It was pure pink just as same as those pink notes. I pick it up to see it was already torn open.

There was letter inside.

I'm sorry to tell you the truth about your daughter Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

Your daughter is an illegal street racer. She steals money from people. She is engage in many relationships and not just one.

I know you won't believe my words but I have all the proofs.

Your daughter is not who you think she is. I'm warning you.

There were many pictures inside. Some were true but some were not.

There were many pictures of races but the others were of some girl in bed with guys.

It wasn't me. But it was surely my clothing. It included my face too. It was purely edited.

Then it hit me like a brick.

My parents saw this all.

No! My dad didn't see it. No! He didn't. He couldn't have.

I'm not the reason of my dad's death. He couldn't have die because of me. He didn't got an attack because of this reason. No!

As much I tried to convince myself I knew it was purely my fault. I was at the fault.

I fell to the ground clutching my head tightly. I screamed as loud as I could and then everything went black.

I felt someone kick me and my body shifted. I slowly opened my eyes to look into my mom's eyes filled with rage and anger.

"Are you not satisfied with your father's death yet!? You still have the nerve to show up in my house!?" She then kicked me again.

I crawled away from her and got up on my feet. She grabbed my hair and slapped me hard on the face. It was enough to knock out wind out of me.

I did the only think that came to my mind.

I ran. I ran away from her. I ran away from my brother. I ran away from all my problems.

I tried to find my cell but it seems like I lost it somewhere.

I can't call anyone. It's not like someone cares about me.

The question is, where do I go now? I can't go back to my home.

I moved to the only place which I knew was safe. I knew he would accept me with his open arms.

And he did.

"Vivi?"

***