Prologue

Thank you to weeknder for the great cover and to AppleBookWorm for the alternative cover.

________________________________________________________

I remember that day well, even though whenever I think about it, it is surrounded by a hazy light, as if I'd imagined it all. But I know I haven't. My imagination couldn't come up with something like him.

It was a freezing day, mid December 2011. And I was in Seoul, visiting my grandparents for Christmas. My halmeoni had sent me out to have a little fun in the big city, mainly due to her concern about my brooding over the laptop and my never ending want to go back to New York.

My mother had sent me here and I was furious. How could I go here, when my mother herself was so ill, she could barely walk. She needed my support, and yet she sent me here to spend time with my grandparents. Don't get me wrong, I love my harabeoji and halmeoni but this wasn't the time.

I was wandering aimlessly on the streets of Seoul, trying to locate a cafe on the map on my phone. After many half-hearted, unsuccessful attempts I just decided to search manually. That was when I looked up and saw him. He was doing what seemed to be push-ups in front of a extremely embarrassed girl in a black coat.

Curiosity got the better of me and I took a few steps closer, but halting when a saw a number of professional-looking recording cameras trained on him. I choked back what would have been my first laugh in days. I wouldn't do what he was doing, especially for a TV show, even if you paid me.

I could see him biting his lip, trying to bite back laughter. Suddenly he rose up off the ground and, grinning, declared this too embarrassing. Then he looked up, and green met brown.

His amused expression froze in place and only his eyes betrayed the fact that he too, could feel the static electricity in the air between us. My knees suddenly felt weak and I had to unwillingly tear my gaze away.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see him laughing, as if nothing had happened but in my opinion, something about the laugh was off. He then grabbed a random person out of the crowd and started running in the opposite direction...away from me.

I looked up. No one had noticed our wordless exchange. I shook my head to partially clear my thoughts and then took one unsteady step forward, and then another, determined to get away from here. Something had happened between the two of us, and I wasn't completely sure what.

But I never forgot; not those slightly startled chocolate-coloured eyes, not that frozen-in-place smile, not that expression on his when he rose.

Weeks later I returned to New York. Months passed, and eventually there wasn't a day when I didn't regret running after him that cold December's morning and at least asking him his name.

________________________________________________________

As much as I'd like to, I do not own B.A.P, their songs, the TS Ent. building etc.

The plot and fictional characters are © of Zellodiez