Chapter 5

The plane landed and a relieved applause came from the passengers. I shuddered. It felt so good to be on solid ground again. Stupid turbulence.

Ria's enthusiasm could probably be heard at the other end of the plane. ''Lerie we're here, we're here, we're FLIPPIN' HERE!''

I clasped my hand over her mouth. ''I know,'' I said evenly, looking her in the eye the same way you would look at an animal that's about to bolt.

I myself was feeling nauseous and weak-kneed. It was so much harder to keep a clear head now that we were actually in Seoul. The thousands of miles didn't seperate us any more.

After the basic procedure and collecting our bags, we almost ran outside.

We exited the airport throught the automatic doors, and I got my first whiff of the Seoul air in years. It was so familiar from all those summers I'd spent here with my grandparents.

Suddenly Bonnie bashed into me, making me drop all my suitcases and leave the trip down memory lane behind. ''Bonnie!'' I exclaimed, exasperated. ''Sorry,'' she murmered. ''Still woozy from the plane.''

I sighed and picked up the fallen luggage. I had a feeling this was going to be one hell of a trip.

* * * * *

 The taxi dropped us off in front of my mom's apartment. She never sold it for some reason, even after we'd moved to New York. Maybe it held too many memories of my dad, memories that she didn't want to let go.

We dragged our suitcases and backpacks up six flights of stairs. It was an old apartment block, with no elevator. The apartment door took a little persuading, but after a few assaults on it by Hee Sun, we got in.

Everything was where I remembered it to be. The big bookshelf in the corner of the living room held all my parent's favourite books, and mom's old collection of coins from around the world. The big leather sofa was as old and battered as it was thirteen years ago.

I sighed contentedly, totally oblivious to the stares of the girls. ''Uh...where are we sleeping?'' He Sun suddenly said.

I hadn't even considered this. ''Well there's one double bed in that bedroom,'' I said, pointing. I always snuck into my parents' bed when there was a storm outside. ''and two single beds in that one.'' My grandmother stayed over often, so we had to buy a guest bed.

''I call dibs on the single bed,'' Ria and Seon Ae said simultaneously. ''Me and Bonnie'll share the master bedroom,'' said Eun Mi. ''With seperate blankets,'' Bonnie interrupted quickly. ''I'll have the couch,'' Hee Sun muttered, looking like she couldn't care less. She was probably the only person small enough to actually sleep on the couch comfortably, without having her legs hanging over the side.

The girls made themselves comfortable in their 'reserved' places, dumping their luggage and exploring the small apartment.

I examined the familiar room closely. It was less dusty and dirty than I expected. My grandmother must've come around to clean. I wonder if this place reminds her as much as it reminds me.

''Lerie, there's no food,'' Hee Sun said, after a quick examination of the cupboards and fridge.

''I know,'' I muttered sleepily, not paying her a whole lot of attention. She glared at me. ''Are you, maybe, going to get food?''

I winced slightly as I got off the couch, which groaned underneath me. Obviously needed new springs. ''Anyone else going?'' I called.

Eun Mi and Bonnie were slumped against the bed, their shoulders rising and falling slightly. Seon Ae was unpacking her stuff and Ria was no where to be seen.

''Guess not,'' Hee Sun muttered. I shrugged and grabbed my purse and phone. ''Let's go.''

''An actual Korean supermarket... I haven't seen one of these in years,'' Hee Sun said, sighing blissfully, which got her weird looks from the passer-bys.

''Don't get lost you pabo,'' I laughed, grabbing her by the shoulder before she had the chance to wander off to the 'Ramyun' section. She looked at me quizzically. ''We need a trolley first,'' I pointed out.

The girl melted into the crowd, reappearing moments later with a large trolley which she was barely capable of steering. I took over.

Within twenty minutes, our trolley was loaded, it's contents almost spilling over the sides. Hee Sun looked pleased. ''We have food now,'' she muttered. Sometimes I honestly wondered if she was from this planet.

We stood at the checkout, the blur of items flying by, and the bill getting higher and higher. In the end we had five...yes five stuffed supermarket bags.

How on earth are we going to carry all that? Hee Sun decided she wanted to be the man and picked up three bags.  She tripped over something and almost fell face forward. Only someone caught her.

''Be careful,'' a pleasant male voice pointed out. She grinned impishly towards her rescuer. He was around my height, and had a nice smile and brown hair was carefully styled into a messy disarray on his head. He seemed familiar.

I suddenly recognised him. It's a small world. ''Jongup!''

He looked at me for a few seconds. Then he warily muttered ''You're not a sasaeng fan are you?''

I mentally facepalmed myself. ''Stuffed your face with pizza on my money and can't even remember me now?''

He examined me closely, and then his eyes widened. ''Lerie noona! You've changed!'' I laughed. ''You have too. What's with the hairstyle?'' 

''Stupid promotions.'' He walked over and gave me a friendly hug. Hee Sun just stared, as did half the supermarket.

''Jongup, this is Hee Sun, Hee Sun, Jongup.''  They both muttered an 'annyeong.'

''I could help you bring your bags home?'' he muttered. I smirked. Always the gentleman. ''Sure, we aren't staying too far from here.''

He dutifully picked up two bags and looked at us for directions.

* * * * *

We arrived at our doorstep, and all of us literally dropped the bags. Jongup looked shakey, but rather pleased with himself.

''It was nice seeing you noona. Are you going to come over to TS to see us? Is Ria noona here?''

I nodded. ''She is and we are probably going to come over. But don't tell Himchan. Or anyone else for that matter. I'm pretty sure she hasn't told him we're in Korea yet, and she wants it to be a surprise.''

He nodded and checked out his watch. ''Shoot, I have to go, the hyungs will be wondering were I am.''

I waved as he disappeared down the stairs. Hee Sun turned to me. ''Was he from B.A.P?'' 

I nodded. ''OK. 'Cause that at least gives me a reason for being breathless. I can say I was starstruck.''

Starstruck you say?' I thought inwardly. Just wait until tomorrow.