Goodbye

Breathe. Nina breathe. I told myself as I entered the room.

"I'll be auditioning for the role of Stacy."

"Please begin whenever you are ready."

*************

"She was amazing." One of the directors murmured to another.

"She really was." Agreed another.

"Well I think we can all agree that you got the part...umm Nia is it?"

"Nina." I corrected her.

"Right Nina, well I believe you understand the terms?"

"Yes, I do." I said trying to fight my ever growing smile.

***********

Oh my actual god. I got the fucking part. How did I get it?! I don't understand but I'm not going to argue. I rummaged around in my bag as I had arrived at my flat; When I finally unlocked the door and entered I was bombarded with screams.

"HOW DID IT GO?!"

"DID YOU GET THE PART?!"

"DID YOU PICK UP SOME FOOD??!"

"Jeez guys you nearly scared me to death." I breathed, sitting down. Nel jumped on my lap then Will and Jem sat beside me.

"What happened?" Nel asked, jumping up and down impatiently.

"I GOT THE PART!" I suddenly burst out. All three boys cheered and hugged me so tight I thought I might suffocate.

"Yep okay, Claustrophobic person getting crushed here." I wined.

"This is fucking amazing!" Will exclaimed. I really didn't know how I had got it; I mean no one really thought I would make it, it doesn't tend to be the social anxiety prone shy people who get major movie roles now does it?

"This means you're leaving us." Nel mumbled removing himself from my lap.

"Yep, I'm going on tour."

"When are you going?" Jem questioned.

"I'm meeting the band tomorrow." I replied flatly. I wanted to go but saying goodbye to my friends would be hard. Even though I only had three I would still miss them. I didn't make friends easily and the friends I did make were boys, girls just didn't work for me. It made me wonder if I was going to get along with this band. I mean, I didn't even know what gender they are!

"Well lets make our last night together special." Nel ordered. "You call for pizza and I'll get the back to the future box set."

I practically sprinted into my room to look for the DVD's it wasn't everyday that my friends let me watch my favourite film. As I was about the leave my room, box set in hand, I cast a look at the picture on my wall. The picture of me and my friends. Yikes; I was going to miss these guys.