five

five

when i entered into the kitchen, i saw liam standing in front of the open pizza box that was on the counter. once i got closer i noticed that liam was stuffing his face with pizza.

"hey! save some for me! i paid for it after all!" i said, closing the box and taking it off the counter.

"alright, alright, sorry i am just really hungry." he replied with a mouth full of pizza crust.

"c'mon, grab the pepsi and lets go eat in my room."

i walked out of the kitchen with the box of pizza and headed down the hallway towards my room.

i set the pizza box down on my bed and noticed that liam hadn't come in the room yet. i poked my head out the door and i saw liam heading towards my room with the soda and what looked like his bags from the tag sale.

"i could use a hand louis." he said as he fumbled with the bags in his hands.

"fine." i said, taking a bag from his hands.

i set the bag down next to my bed and liam just threw the bags he had on my bed.

"lets take a look at what i bought today." he said, picking up one of the bags and dumping it out all over the floor.

i sighed and liam sat on the floor with his legs crossed and smiled at me.

"don't you already know what you bought today?" i asked, sitting next to him on the floor.

"yes but i wanted you to see. there is some pretty cool stuff in these bags." he said, picking up a slinky.

"oh really? why would you buy sidewalk chalk, a jump rope or even this old CD player? it's just a bunch of junk liam, a bunch of useless junk." i said.

"i bought this stuff for work alright?"

"work? since when did you get a job?" i asked.

liam and i always tell each other everything and this is the first thing he hadn't told me.

"i work at a daycare three days a week louis. my first day is on monday, which is tomorrow. i just wanted your opinion on this stuff because i don't really know what kids like to do..." he replied.

i stood up, went to go get a slice of pizza, and sat back down next to liam.

he put his arm around my shoulder and said "sorry i didn't tell you sooner."

"it's okay, and i gotta say, i think the kids are going to love this stuff liam."

liam tightened his grip around my shoulder, pulling me a bit closer.

"thanks...oh i and i want you to have this." he said, taking his batman hat off his head and putting it on mine.

"liam, i can't take this from you, it's one of your favorite hats." i said, taking the hat off.

"yes i know it's one of my favorites but louis you're my best friend, and like i said before, you look better in it that i do." he replied, taking the hat out of my hands and carefully placing it back on my head.

"thanks liam. you're the best." i turned and hugged him tightly.

he pulled away and said "lets take a look at the camera you got, don't you want to test it out? and by test it out i mean take pictures of me."

"very funny liam, but yeah i guess we can test it out." i said.

"alright, here you go." he said, handing me the box.

i opened up the box and took the camera out, gently placing it on the floor.

liam picked it up, held it up to his eye and started looking for things around the room to take a picture of. he stopped looking once the camera was pointed at my face.

"smile louis." he said, clicking the button on the camera.