The End

Dear Lucy,

How are you? I heard you've been doing well.

At least you've been doing a lot better then I have.

I never thought I would be writing this to you, I really didn't, and I don't mean for this to turn into some depressing letter but I had to express myself somehow before I turn completely insane.

Let's start this off, this crazy downpour of emotions that you are about to read is what I've been bottling up for months and I think I've just about had enough. Why should we, as humans, have to suffer through our own feelings and emotions in fear that if we tell anyone we will automatically be labelled as an attention-seeking fool?

I'm sorry that you were the one that was chosen to listen to my seemingly endless wave of miseries and downfalls.

I will stop myself from ranting too much more and get straight to the point of why I'm writing this letter.

I've fallen.

My life is being teared apart and its all because of that dreaded feeling of falling.

I've fallen out of the sky.

I was soaring like a bird, it felt like I had no worries in the world. I couldn't possibly see what was about to come.

I was at the top of my game, everything was going right for me and I was truly flying through life.

And I was shot.

Shot out of the sky, and I fell.

It's just like they all say right? Life is like a rollercoaster. You think you're going up and suddenly, without any warning, you begin going down. You're going so fast that you can't even get a grasp on the situation you're in and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

You're just going to keep going down.

I lost my job, I lost my house, I lost so many things that were a huge part of my life and I didn't even see it coming.

Falling, falling, falling.

It happened so suddenly that I had no way to stop myself from hitting the ground.

Once the bird has been shot down, it will never be able to fly again. The bird is stuck on the ground forever.

It worked so hard, it grew so much, it flew as high as it possibly could and it was shot down so easily.

Isn't it funny how you can be shot down so easily after you worked so hard?

You can work hard all your life but once you get shot, you have to start all the way from the bottom again.

And what's the point if you're only going to get shot down again.

And so I fell out of the sky, just like that once-graceful bird and I knew I wouldn't be able to fly again.

And so it came to an end.

I've fallen over.

And I can't seem to get back up.
I've become depressed.

"Depressed? How dare this unworthy human say that they are feeling depressed! They must be faking it for attention!"

That's probably what you first thought, and that's okay, that's what we've been trained to do after all.

Don't say you're upset, don't say you have anxiety or depression, don't advertise the fact that you aren't happy.

But guess what? This letter is about telling the truth. I'm not going to sit here writing out that my life's going good, and telling you about how we had great weather yesterday and how I'm going out for dinner with some old friends tomorrow.

No, this letter is about the greater truths. The truths I've hardly told anyone before.

The truths that need to be told.

I was just like an athlete, running to my hearts content, passing through life easily as I had worked hard to get where I wanted to be.

And then I fall, and I can't seem to get back up.

People try to help me up, they try to pull me out of the depression and make me look "happy like I used to."

It's no use, everyone gives up. They hardly even try, they act like they're trying to help me but abandon me when they decide it's too much work.

I'm on the ground and I can't get up without someone's help, and if no one's willing to help, then how will I get up?

I shouldn't be relying on others anyway, that's not what depressed people should do. If you're upset you should fix yourself, or that's what they tell me.

The people that gave up, they tell me to solve my own problems and help myself up, but I don't have the strength.

And so it came to an end.

Now this last thing is probably the worst thing I've fallen into. It was just as unexpected as the rest, but it left a much bigger imprint on my life and this fall is the hardest to recover from.

I've fallen in love.

A man, a gorgeous man, a hilarious man, a man that's beginning to make me believe in myself, believing that I can recover from any fall.

His name is Gray.

He promises he will pick me back up and that he won't let me fall again. He's helping me, but I can't help him.

How can a fallen bird help a soaring eagle.

How can a fallen athlete help an Olympic winner.

He's repairing me, he's piecing me back together and solving all the problems of my life.

He deserves better, I can't ever repay him for what he's done for me.

This is where I truly fall, he tried to get me back in the sky, he tried to get me back on the track, but I am about to fall again.

And this time it's beyond even his repair.

I'm leaving this world Lucy and this fall is my greatest fall of all.

I guess you could say this entire letter was my way of writing the end.

Don't cry for me, I know you will. There's no need, some falls are just beyond repair and that's completely out of your control.

At least this time I'm ready to fall, and I will accept the ground with open arms as I ultimately plummet.

And so everything must come to an end, the story of Gray and I is going to completely vanish, but please don't let it be forgotten.

That's all I want from you Lucy, because although this story is ending I believe it is worth remembering.

Tell Gray my feelings for him will be the only thing that never end.

From Natsu

A/N

Ty for reading!
I'm entering this in a wattpad contest so feedback would be appreciated :)

Make sure to check out my Gratsu story, HTMSFFY (how to make someone fall for you)

Vote if you liked it! Comment if you didn't! And follow me if you want to read more of my stories!

Sayonara (ω)

~Tegan (-; )