Chapter 2~

Crescentina☆~

I stared at the night sky, sleepless, as I kept repeating that one word in my head; Moonlet.

It felt like trespassing through a jail, knowing you're the criminal, when he called me that.

It felt violating. But it also felt intimidating. To be compared to the moon.

Moonlet.

My thoughts were taken to the end when I heard the creak of a closing door.

I darted my eyes back towards the door to my room, only to see someone whom I'll never ever truly know how, to see.

She had mostly the same features; cat-like eyes that were almost the same as mine, just as blue, dark, curly black hair, and an identical stone attached to her necklace.

Nerezza Aetheris.
My.....sister.

Tears were forming in her eyes as she looked at me.

"N-Ner-" "Nerezza," A tear rolled down her face, falling to the ground as she completed my words.

Nerezza.

She walked to me with slow but steady steps, both of us too preoccupied in our thoughts.

Just when she was inches away, she wrapped her arms around mine; she hugged me.

I felt my sister's touch after years.
I didn't know what to feel.

"W-What are...you doing here...?" The words slipped out of my mouth without trying.

"I'm sorry, sister," I felt her tears on my dress, and I felt something in my heart break a bit more... Something that was already broken, "I've been naive.".

"What?" I asked her as she pulled away slightly.

"I knew I shouldn't have married him....I knew he was....enemy." She brushed away one of her tears, more rolling down her eyes.

"It's killing me. I can't live like this," She lowered her head, my gaze still fixed on her, "He used me,".

"Come here," I grabbed her wrist and pulled her outside, her stumbling a bit but matching my pace eventually.

I rushed to Kaelan's room, the nightsky visible through the large windows of the castle as our hurried footsteps were the only things to be heard.

I couldn't hold myself back and pushed the door open, forgetting to knock in excitement.

"K-Kaelan..." My eyes were wide and feel straight on my brother who was dumbfounded, sitting on his bed as his eyes moved from me to our sister, and staying on her, widening.

He stood up, his gaze still on Nerezza, while her head was still low.

When he was just a few inches away from both of us the words slipped out from his mouth just like it did from mine, "Nerezza?".

She nodded in agreement, falling to her knees, "Yes....Yes...The betrayer,".

The crack in my heart seemed to have gotten worse when she said those words- the betrayer.

My brother bent down and placed his hands on her shoulder firmly, asking her to stand up.

Once she stood up hesitantly, we both took a moment to look at her, before wrapped our hands around her.

"Where did you go?" He asked through muffled voices into the hug and a part of me told me that he was crying.

"Hell, brother, I went to hell, mistaking it as heaven," Nerezza's voice was also muffled and I felt the slightest hint of the pain our sister had went through.