𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚎, 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎¹⁸

They soon arrived at the island, where cars were waiting to take them to the resort where Suki, Robert's girlfriend, had organized his party.

"So, what should we fight about?" Mila asked as she did her makeup in their room.

"I'm not sure, we never fight," Lando thought aloud. "I usually just agree with whatever you say."

"Yeah, right," Mila replied sarcastically. "We should fight over something silly. The sillier it is, the funnier the media reports will be."

"What if I pretend to get mad at you for using one of my t-shirts as a mop on the yacht and ruining it?" Lando suggested, thinking of the shirt she had worn earlier.

"That's stupid," Mila agreed, "but I bet your fans would still get mad at me."

"And yours would be mad at me for being upset over something so dumb," Lando nodded. "It works."

"Yeah, okay," Mila agreed. "We'll fight about that."

They continued getting ready in comfortable silence as music played in the background.

Soon, they headed to the open area on the ground floor of the resort, right beside the water, where the party was being held. Suki had hired private photographers to capture candid moments, and as soon as Mila and Lando arrived hand-in-hand, the cameras were on them.

Playing his part, Lando quickly let go of her hand and ignored the photographers' requests to pose.

"Hi, you guys made it!" Suki greeted Mila with a hug.

"Couldn't miss it when you call," Mila smiled. "Suki, this is Lando."

"Ah, Mr. Boyfriend," Suki teased. "Nice to meet you! Finally got the courage to ask her out, huh?"

"Suki—" Mila tried to protest.

"What?" Suki laughed at Mila's embarrassed look. "Every time Mila mentioned you, I told her I knew you two would end up together. Guess I can see the future."

"Okay, enough," Mila cut her off before she could say more. "Where's the birthday boy?"

"He's inside chatting with Lewis and the others. Go say hi," Suki pointed them inside.

Heading inside, Mila crept up behind Robert and yelled, "Happy Birthday, Robbie!"

"Ahh," Robert covered his ears in surprise before turning around. "Aren't you supposed to be a singer? That was awful!"

"Shut up," Mila joked, playfully punching him as Robert smiled and hugged her. Then, Mila introduced Lando to Robert.

"Happy birthday, man," Lando said, smiling.

"Thanks for coming on such short notice," Robert said to everyone. It was mostly people from the Grid who had arrived together right now

"Yeah, it worked out perfectly," Mila agreed, "but we still traveled all this way for you, so I guess we're your birthday gift."

Robert laughed and teased, "Sorry for interrupting your honeymoon."

"Not married," Mila rolled her eyes as Robert grinned.

"Yet," Robert added, patting Lando on the shoulder and motioning to the ring finger. It was clear he had already had a few drinks, as his fun side was coming out.

"Anyway, we wanted to ask you something," Mila said.

"What? You want me to officiate the wedding?" Robert joked. "I can get ordained online tonight."

"No, Rob," Mila laughed. "But we want to mess with the media for fun. Would you be okay with us staging a little fight here after the party?"

"Oooh," Robert thought about it. "Yeah, sure, do whatever. Just don't drag me into it."