Chapter One

I've been watching him for years now. Every now and then he'll glance and smile at me, but he just doesn't understand what that does to me.

I'm Yoo Youngjae, son of a successful business man and most of the kids at my prestigious high school are in the same boat. The ones who aren't, are geniuses.

Jung Daehyun, my forever crush, is a straight, popular boy. He's a year older than me, but I heard he was started late in school so we're in the same grade.

We have the same lessons together and, while he barely knows my name, I can see everything his surface has to offer.

He is extremely good looking, has the voice of an angel, and is really nice to everyone he speaks with.

My only problem is that I can't work up the courage to talk to him. It sucks for me, bottling all of my thoughts inside. No one knows that I'm gay, I only recently figured it out myself.

I determined that I wasn't normal a long time ago, but only claimed to be gay when I had dreams about doing things with other guys. Some of them were Daehyun related and others were just random faces I'd seen on television or in magazines.

Still, I couldn't run from it. I didn't have any friends to admit it to, since my shy nature usually made me socially awkward.

I just watched people from afar and had gotten quite good at predicting future break ups and girl fights. It was rewarding to be right and there was entertainment when shit went down.

Today was very uneventful so I found myself staring at Daehyun's back. He normally hung out at the front of the room with his friends: two from the year above us and two more from the year below us.

His friends were really annoyed by my constant stare, but this was when Dae would turn around and wave at me with a smile. Then I'd smile back and it would sort of be a promise that his older friends wouldn't beat the shit out of me for always being in their business.

Today though, when he turned around, I saw his smile, but he didn't wave. Instead he was walking towards me. I dropped my head down and stared at the book I had open on my desk.

He grabbed the chair from the table in front of me and sat down; still cooler than me and he didn't even do much.

"Hey, your name's Yoo right?" Daehyun's voice made me look up. I couldn't resist it anymore. This might be the last time I get to see him up close.

I nodded for my response since my brain was on the fritz, spitting ideas of what to say all over the place.

"Well, I noticed that you don't talk much, but you always stare-"

"I'm sorry!" I bowed my head.

He chuckled a little bit, "No, no. It's okay. I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to hang out with us after school? We're going to the mall for Gukkie's birthday," he pointed over to the group he talked to.

My gaze followed his finger and one of the older boys waved at me. I waved back, my eyes growing wide at the fact that he didn't look away from me or something.

"So, if you're free, we'd like to invite you," Dae brought my attention back to him.

I really had nothing to do, like normal. Something told me that I'd be a little quieter than usual though. Being outside of the school building with Jung Daehyun was just a fantasy I had every other day.

"Uh," I looked down to the table again, "I don't have any plans, but I'd hate to intrude on your group."

"No, it's fine. We were actually just talking about it and we're cool with it," he assured me. "So, are you coming?"