Chapter Fifteen

I went upstairs and found the two youngest of our group sitting outside Dae's room.

"Hyung, he won't answer us," Junhong sighed as I walked up to the door.

I knocked, "Dae? It's me." When he didn't say anything I laid my forehead against the door, "Don't shut me out. You know I'd never do that to you."

As if the words were magic or a passcode, the lock clicked a second later and he swung the door open. He looked like he was still mad, but he'd calmed down a little. He was able to look at me this time.

"Why'd you leave?" I crossed my arms and he just shrugged, "You're not gonna talk?" This time he just stared at me.

I pushed him back into the room and closed the door again. He moved away and sat on his bed. I took a seat at the computer desk, turning the chair to face him.

He kept playing with his fingers so I started again, "Dae, talk to me. It's what I'm here for."

He looked up, opening his mouth, but quickly closing it and just simply shaking his head.

"Are you mad at me?" Again he signaled no. "Nothing really happened so why are you so torn up over it?"

"Because," he muttered.

"Because why?" I sat up straight.

He sighed and looked around the room before letting his eyes come back to me, "Because I thought....you liked him better and that's why you kept it a secret."

"Dae, I kept it a secret because I didn't want to talk about it. I wanted to pretend it never happened. Most of all I didn't want to ruin your friendship with Yongguk," I ran my fingers through my bangs, suddenly feeling warm.

"It might be too late for that," he mumbled.

"No it's not. He didn't mean anything by it and I didn't take it seriously," I let the silence set in before thinking about something. "Are you gonna break up with me now? You don't like that I kept it hidden, so....."

He quickly crawled off the bed and ran over to me, placing his hands on the chair's armrests, "No! I mean, of course I wanted you to tell me, but it's not enough to," he fell to his knees in front of me, at a loss for words at that point. His arms wrapped around my waist the best he could from his spot and his forehead rested on my lap.

I laid my right hand on his back and my left combed through his hair, "I love you, Dae."

"I love you, too," his low voice sounded.

I slid into the floor and sat in front of him, "Don't be mad at him. You can be upset, but don't hold it against him forever."

He pulled me closer and breathed out, "I'll try to get over it, but you're my Jaejae. I thought I made that clear when we told them."

I laughed a little and hugged him back, "You did, but he's had some stuff going on, so I forgive him. You should, too."

"I don't want to be angry, but I guess, since I almost lost you already, I overreacted," he pulled back and let his palm rest on my cheek, giving me a smile as well.

"Go talk to him," I reached up and grabbed his hand, "For me."

He rolled his eyes and sighed, "I'll do it for Gukkie's sake."

I smiled and quickly pecked his lips, obviously not giving him what he wanted. He leaned in and gave me a longer kiss, pulling back with a smile.

"Now go," I pushed against his chest and he slowly let go of me.