Chapter 3

Ascari

Weeks past and I can't stop thinking of Whrath's offer. My cheeks heat up now every time we're together. I think of him touching me and kissing me. For the first time it's not revolting.

I avoid him because I think he'll know what I'm thinking now when I look at him. Like this morning. He was shirtless. Only wearing his signature leather pants. The material molding to his powerful thighs and accentuating his ass. Rippling muscles on his back. Strong arms. Sweat dripping down his spine. Thinking what it would feel like to run my tongue over his nipples. Those big hands running over my body.

I was ashamed of my thoughts. How could I want that when I've been through all that I have. Ashamed of my body's reaction. Of my feelings.

But then I saw Alexios and Caleb sitting together at dinner. Caleb was practically in Alexios' lap. Feeding each other food from their hands. Kissing. Always kissing. Touching. Watching each other. With that look. That look that says I'm yours forever. I want that. Someday. I want that.

My mind's made up. I'm going to try. Try to be normal. Hope for love someday. But I can only have that with Whrath's help.

Whrath. Quiet and deadly. Lethal. My Whrath. But he's not mine as I'm not his. We're just oddly compatible. Comfortable. Whrath and I.

I showered. Combed my hair, leaving it loose because Whrath likes it that way. I wore a blue loose fitting dress shirt and black jeans. It was ten thirty at night. I walked slowly weaving my way through the halls to his room. I stood in front the door. Five minutes, ten minutes till the door opened just as i was about to knock.

"Ascari." he said. Neutral. Face blank. Voice emotionless.

"Whrath." I whispered. My throat was suddenly dry. My hands shook. I clenched them to try and stop it. I looked at him. In all his glory. Only clad in tight black briefs. Skin so much skin. He stepped aside. A silent invitation into his room. I walked past him. My legs shook. Nowhere to sit but on his bed. I sighed in relief when he went into his closet and came back out wearing a thin white Jersey and pajama pants.

He didn't sit beside me. He stood in front of me. Watching me. I had to tilt my head back to see his face. He doesn't say anything and I was glad. He was waiting for me. And I knew he would wait until I was ready. My hands still trembled so I tucked them beneath my legs. Took a few breaths.

"Remember when you said that you can help me?" I asked and he nodded.

"Is-Is the offer still available?" I gulped loudly. His face didn't show anything of what he was thinking apart from a little twitch at the corners of his mouth.

"Will you help me. Teach me?" I asked unsure now. He never said a word. Watching me like a bug under a microscope. My hands still trembled under my legs. My entire body shook from the realization of what I was asking of him.