The Room

Darkness; a room filled with empty shadows. A blanket of dark fog glazes the eyes as its placed over the entire room. Outlines of objects that no longer exist cover the surface. a trick on the eyes; an abysmal illusion.

Silence. The slow motion rocking of an old decripid chair. Torture to the ears; like a human spine being snapped. The faint but distinct, whistling of the wind tunnelling through the room. Lifting the fog and unveiling a devilish character invading a room filled with deadly sin. Gathering around the ceiling are large, vicious spiders. Multiplying by the second like a terminal disease. They frantically disperse as if under attack by this bigger predator...the sound of scurrying stops..

Mortifying. The smell of putrid, rotten flesh lingers within the air. Threatening to take down the nearest living thing in an instant second. The smell of fresh metallic blood seizes your senses and seeks war. The breeze carries the darkness through the room and poisons everything with its deceiving ways.

Grime gathers up beneath the finger nails as you try to escape. A thick red liquid oozes between your fingers as you rest your hand on the rotting floor. As you touch the rocking chair, your whole body is engulfed in your worst fears. Sweat gathers up from so many sleepless nights.

An odd sensation. The taste of blood enters your throat causing you to heave. Mould and dirt rests on your lips; making your mouth feel dry. Water, a craving so powerful for something you can never have.

A nightmare of a room that lures you in. But can anyone fight the irresistible urge to give in? You eventually realise where you are. The room is your mind and your slowly loosing control of it....