The Hobo Scarf Guy

Break time. 

Finally, a moment to breathe... and not worry about Bakugo blowing something up—or me, specifically.

I pull out my notebook, trying to focus on updating my hero analysis notes. It's not like I'm doing anything useful with my break anyway. But my mind keeps wandering back to earlier. That rooftop guy... what was his deal? I mean, who just hangs out on rooftops like that?

As I'm flipping through pages, I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. Eri is standing there, holding her notebook against her chest, looking... curious? Which is a little unexpected because she hasn't said a word to me all day.

MOh. This should be interesting.

Eri: "Hey."

Me: "Uh, hey?"

Eri glances around for a second before leaning in slightly, lowering her voice.

Eri: "Do you... need help? With him?"

Him? 

Wait... is she talking about—

Me: "Him?"

Eri: "The guy from earlier chasing you, you know that the man you ran into could help.."

Oh no. 

She definitely remembers that. 

Please, let the ground swallow me whole.

Me: "Uh, nope, no help needed. I mean, who even is he? I just thought he was a hobo with an impressive scarf game."

Eri blinks at me, totally unphased.

Eri: "He's my father."

Wait... what?

I freeze, notebook halfway closed, my brain short-circuiting as I process that. Did she just say her father is the rooftop hobo? And now that I'm really thinking about it, I know exactly who her father is. How could I not?

Me: "Your father is... Eraserhead? The Pro Hero?!"

Eri: "Yes."

Me: Of course he is. That explains so much. Still, he definitely looks like he's auditioning for 'Homeless: The Musical.'

Me: "Oh. Well. That's cool. But you know, I like to call him 'the rooftop hobo guy.' Kinda has a ring to it, doesn't it?"

Eri: "I don't think he'd like that."

Yeah, probably not. 

But it's the only way I can cope with how terrifying that guy is.

She looks at me, head tilted slightly, clearly trying to figure me out. I get it, though. My whole "sassy sarcasm defense mechanism" tends to confuse people. Eri, though... she's still just staring at me.

Eri: "Are you sure you don't need help? My father could—"

Me: "Nope! No help needed! I'm all good, really."

Eri raises an eyebrow, not buying it. I mean, fair enough. It's not every day you get chased by Bakugo, parkour for your life, and then get caught by a hero-slash-hobo with an intimidating scarf. But the last thing I need is someone else stepping in to save me from my own problems.

Me: "Look, I've got this under control. Running is kind of my thing, you know?"

Eri: "I noticed."

Okay, maybe I run more than I should. 

But it's practical!

 When you're me, running is survival.

I shift awkwardly, trying to think of something else to say. My eyes land on the clock, and I remember I haven't officially invited anyone to the "not actually a club" parkour group today. Perfect distraction.

Me: "Actually, speaking of running... You ever thought about joining our parkour club?"

Eri looks at me like I've just suggested something completely bizarre. Which, to be fair, parkour isn't exactly a typical after-school activity.

Eri: "Parkour club?"

Me: "Well, it's not officially a club. It used to be, but it got banned because apparently, parkour is 'dangerous.' But you know what I think is dangerous? Bullies. We should ban them. Anyway, we kind of just meet and run around the city after school. It's fun. You should come sometime."

Eri shakes her head, her expression calm as ever.

Eri: "I'm not really into... that kind of thing."

Me: "No? You sure? You seem pretty fast. You'd probably be great at it."

She gives me a small smile, but it's clear she's not interested.

Eri: "Thanks, but no. I'll leave the parkour to you."

Me: Fair enough. Not everyone's into jumping off rooftops. I get that.

Me: "Alright, no pressure. But if you ever change your mind, you know where to find me. Probably on a roof somewhere."

Eri nods, her face softening just a little before she heads back to her seat. I let out a breath and sink back into my chair.

Eraserhead's daughter, huh? 

Who would've thought?

I glance out the window, trying to shake off the weirdness of the conversation. Eri doesn't seem like someone who'd need to worry about parkouring away from problems like me. Still, I can't help but wonder what it's like being raised by a pro hero. A pro hero who dresses like a homeless guy but could erase you from existence with a look. Fun times.

I pick up my notebook again, trying to get back to work. But my mind's still racing.

A hobo with a scarf, Eraserhead's daughter, and parkour. 

Yeah, today's shaping up to be one of the weirdest yet.