Complicate Me, Mistreat Me

"You're living like a disaster." Recalling the last thing Jean told him with a grin before Edward left his place wiping his mouth, walking past the stores hearing a bark turning to see Riza dressed casually with Black Hayate, "Edward it's late what are you doing out at this time?" She asked holding the paper bag in her arms looking over his appearance seeing him look down speaking again, "I want to apologize about earlier.". "It's alright I'll apologize to Havoc tomorrow..." The small alchemist said smiling artificially making Riza sigh when Hayate barked running to Edward tugging at his coat, "I'm sorry I don't know what's with him." Riza said apologetically going over to Edward tugging the leash on the pup before seeing Edward get on his knees and pet the small pup seeing his tired expression. "Edward... You look terrible." Riza said kneeling seeing a bruise on his neck and his bandaged wrist, "Is someone mistreating you?" She asked the small blonde who held Hayate in his arms who was avoiding eye contact with her seeing him shake his head, "Edward look at me." Grabbing his chin making direct eye contact with the alchemist who seemed nervous. "Is. Someone. Mistreating. You." Riza said again in a serious tone to the small blonde who's look in his eyes said a different story, "I-I'm just clumsy that's all." Edward said seeing the unconvinced look in the Lieutenant's eyes, "I don't believe you." She said looking down when Hayate jumped off Ed's lap and bark at him again, "Please if someone is mistreating you tell me." She said with a softer worried look. The alchemist glanced down, "I... I need to get back to Alphonse he's probably worried about me, I'm sorry Lieutenant." He said apologetically getting up and leaving when Riza released her grip making Riza go quiet than sigh, "He wants help but he doesn't know how or who to go to... I'll talk to Alphonse when I see him." Riza thought seeing Edward run off in the distance than looking down at Hayate who whimpered, "Why do I have this uneasy feeling?". The suit of armor grew more worried till he heard the door to the room open turning to see Edward walk in with his usual smile, "Brother you had me worried!" Al said running to Edward, "Sorry I won't be late again..." He said apologetically, "Al...", "Yeah what is Brother?" Al asked, "Do you think I'm a good Brother?" Confusing the suit of armor at his brother's question. "Of course I think so, I look up to you." Al said seeing his brother's expression change, "... And you don't think bad of me?... Would you believe me if I said I would do anything to find a way to get your body back?" Ed said looking down, "...No I wouldn't because you have your pride." Al said back seeing a look of exhaustion on his brother, "You look worse than yesterday Brother..." Worrying a bit more. "I'm... Fine Al... I just really want to take a shower right now..." Ed said walking past the suit of armor who noticed Edward fix his coat over his neck, "?... He never tells me anything anymore..." The suit of armor thought when the blonde shut the door behind him leaning against it looking down, "I'm lying to my own Brother who looks up to me, I'm the absolute worst..." Looking down at his bandaged wrist, "The Colonel knows now...". Al turned when he heard the bathroom door open along with his brother's sigh as he dried his hair letting it fall over his shoulders covering his neck, "Much better..." Looking up when he felt a hand on his shoulder, "Al?...", "I'm worried about you Brother..." Feeling the suit of armor suddenly embrace him tightly making Edward feel worse about himself, "I'm the absolute worst...".

"Brother what's wrong?" The suit of armor asked when his brother suddenly sat up on the bed with his regular hand on his face in the middle of the night, "It's nothing Al..." Edward said with a bothered expression partially covering his face when the suit of armor went to him sitting next to him, "I'm sorry Alphonse..." Edward said apologetically suddenly confusing Al. "Brother... You're crying, what's wrong... Does your wrist hurt?..." Al asked seeing his brother look away, "Y-Yeah..." Pulling his wrist away when Al reached towards it, "Please don't touch it..." Feeling the suit of armor embrace him again, "I do want my body back but not if it's going to hurt you Brother, I want you to be happy too." Breaking down more at Al's words, "I'm sorry Alphonse... I'm so sorry..." Apologizing at the small lie, "What are you apologizing for Brother?...". "Sir you look worried." Riza said the next morning to the dark haired alchemist who looked a bit distracted, "Stressed about something?", "Or maybe he's stressed out about somebody." Making both look up to see Jean at the door, "Whatever is bothering me is none of your concern Havoc." Going back to his paperwork, "Lieutenant if you see Fullmetal tell him to come by my office okay.", "Yes Sir." Looking over Jean suspiciously. "Ah boys." Riza said when she finally spotted Edward and Al walk down the hall later that day, "The Colonel said he wanted to see you in his office." Seeing Edward nod sleepily, "Yes Ma'am." Walking off towards the direction of Roy's office without a smart remark, "Sorry Brother didn't sleep so well last night..." Al said apologetically looking over to Riza, "Alphonse can I talk to you in private, it's about yesterday.". The small blonde walked down the hall opening the door to Roy's office, "You wanted to see me." He said when he walked in looking down, "Stop looking down you're not in trouble." Roy said looking at him with his dark eyes holding up an envelope, "Here I just wanted to give some useful information on the stone before you randomly disappear." Seeing Edward's golden eyes widen, "I won't do anything just take it." Roy said leaning back on his chair. The small alchemist walked over to his Superior taking the envelope, "You sure...", "I'm sure. You need to worry about yourself." Referring to his bandaged wrist, "But you could get in trouble if they find out about this..." Edward said holding the envelope against him, "If you're referring to that the answer is no Edward." Roy said simply seeing Edward's exhaustion, "You didn't follow my orders did you.". Edward who just stood quiet put the envelope on his desk looked down, "Colonel please...", "I already told you the answer is no-!" Roy started but was taken by surprise when the blonde suddenly got on his lap wrapping his arms around his neck cutting him off with a kiss feeling something hard in Edward's left pant pocket quietly reaching into it taking it out. The blonde pulled away from the kiss, "Colonel please..." Seeing his Superior hold the box cutter in front of his face looking at him unamused feeling his cheeks tint, "Edward what I tell you yesterday. You thought I wouldn't notice with you kissing me? This isn't a toy." He said scolding the alchemist lightly who looked away, "I'm sorry..." Hearing Roy sigh feeling worse feeling a hand on his neck where the bruise was. "Edward I know you hate me..." Putting his hand on his cheek, "But you said you liked me right Colonel?" Edward said looking his Superior in his eyes giving a pained confused expression, "I know you're only being good but you're too nice..." He said before breaking down surprising Roy who put the box cutter in his pocket embracing the blonde pulling him closer against him feeling the alchemist embrace him back tightly trembling, "Just let it all out...".