Part 11

Preparation for the oncoming mission was long and tense, with the X-Men filling their time with last minute physio and danger room training while Xavier spent most of his days in Cerebro tracking Kurt's activity. He had pinpointed his location along with some of the brotherhood in an abandoned facility just outside of New York. Aurora was doing everything that she possibly could, including helping Hank with the preparation of costumes and tech. Despite the seriousness of the situation, she had to admit that the suits were pretty cool... She even got to see Kurt's. The memory of it made her blush, she would like to see him in it when her returned...

Most surprising of all, she'd found that Piotr also had a place within the X-men, as Scott had put it (much to Logan's distaste) he was 'the muscle' in the team, and apparently was very useful when it came to a mutant called 'Juggernaut' in the brotherhood.

'We will be leaving in an hour.' Xavier's voice echoed in her mind. She stood up with her crutch and stuffed the last large roll of bandage into the rucksack and made her way down to the hangar. It wasn't her first time seeing the blackbird, yet it still stole her breath away whenever she stepped into the large room. The mansion held the most advanced technology that she'd ever seen, and the jet was the most amazing of it all. The sleek frame, impossible speeds, and amazing maneuverability. 

"Are you sure she should be coming with us Charles?" Scott looked down at her, she knew that he didn't think much to her and quite frankly, she didn't care.

"Why shouldn't I?"

Logan smirked at her defiance "I wouldn't question her bub, she obviously wants to come along for the ride."

"Indeed. She will be a useful medical assistant should we need it." The atmosphere shifted in the room as Xavier rolled towards the boarding ramp of the blackbird, bringing an air of respect along with him. Aurora gave Logan and Scott a quick, sweet smile before she followed Xavier aboard.

"However, Aurora, you need to follow the rules closely. The consequences could be fatal."

She bit her lip and nodded, the threat of the mission dawning on her fully as she strapped herself into one of the seats, watching as the door clamped shut behind her. Sealing her fate along with it.

"Y'allright kiddo?" Rogue grinned at her, she nodded in response, the nerves getting the better of her. 

Remy laughed, nudging her side to get her attention before muttering "Don' worry cherie, even the big Wolverine gets nervous of de flying." He winked at her with one of his red and black eyes and turned back to make a face at Logan, who was too preoccupied to care. She chuckled internally, by the looks of it, what Gambit was saying was true. But it wasn't that she was nervous of flying, she'd just never been on a 'mission' before; it still seemed like the stuff of movies.

***

The blackbird was deadly silent as it landed in a small clearing out of sight of the facility, she was to remain in the jet with the equipment and a radio, the rest of the X-Men would walk from there as to not be detected by the brotherhood. She wished them all good luck as they left, taking a deep breath as she turned to Xavier.

"Aren't you going with them?" The question seemed rather stupid, he wasn't in a position to fight, and he would quite literally be a sitting target. However, she had no idea how these sorts of missions worked. 

Xavier's response was interrupted by the telecom exploding with noise, the blasts of lasers and mutant powers, mangled with yells and screams from within the facility. Jean's voice occasionally sounded through the chaos, informing them of everything that was going on. Apparently there were people who they'd never seen before, with unexpected powers, however they seemed emotionless, almost disconnected from the real world. The Professor bridged his fingertips in front of his face and pondered for a moment before leaning forwards to press the button to give his message;