Part 21

She lay awake in her bed, unable to sleep. The nights were getting chillier as they neared December and the mansion was so old that the hallways were almost unbearably cold; she was glad to have a radiator in her room, even if it was only small. 

Aurora pushed the covers back, feeling the goosebumps appearing on her bare legs instantly. She pulled on some long pajama bottoms and thick socks, retrieving a hoodie from a dark corner of her room. Shuddering from the cold of the hallway, she padded her way towards the kitchen, her arms folded as to protect herself against the crisp air. 

The soft clink of the cups echoed around the kitchen, the sounds seeming louder than usual - as though the darkness allowed noise to travel further. She placed the cup down and turned on the kettle to boil some water for tea. 

"Can't sleep eh?" Logan's gruff voice cut through the clean air.

Sitting on one of the seats at the island counter, she sipped the warm liquid, letting the heat spread through her body. 

Aurora shrugged and returned to nursing her tea. It wasn't every day that your previously dead boyfriend told you that your dead father had a mutant half sister that lived somewhere in England.

"So you and the elf huh?" As she looked up she saw an expression of genuine interest on his face. She swallowed the warm liquid and glanced back down at her cup.

"Uh, yeah... " A smile flashed across her face, making Logan chuckle.

"Yer a lucky girl. Don't forget it." She nodded, barely looking away from her cup as she watched the steam rise in intricate curls. The considerable change in Logan's tone however, made her eyes lift to focus on him.

"Ya should'a seen him when he arrived... Wouldn't talk to anyone, not even the Professor..."

"What happened to him?" Her voice sounded small, it reminded her of when she was a child and her dad would tell her ghost stories before bed.

"No one but Xavier knows, and that's only 'cause he can read minds... He seemed pretty messed up by it though..."

They sat in silence for a moment, Aurora didn't really know what to say. She'd never given the idea of why Kurt was here a second thought. 

"But it seems like ya make him show his true colors." He smiled and got up, bringing his bottle with him. "Now go ta bed. You'll never wake up tomorrow, and the institute won't feed itself."

She yawned, as if her body was proving Logan right. Washing and storing the cup back in the cupboard, she made her way back to her room.

Author's note

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not posting in forever... I've been so busy at college and home etc. 

Also, I apologize for the super short chapter, it was just a bit of reflection on the previous chapter. I'll get into the more interesting stuff in the next.

Also, it's my birthday today :D

Anyway, sorry again, I'll try to do more :)

Lesen sie weiter!