Chapter 1: A Bloodline, Dark and Cursed

When children of the Elder Six are born, the Fates cry. For Children of the Elder Ones are destined to hold deadly powers- and to live an even deadlier life.

The line of Kronos is cursed.

When children of the Earthshaker- the Storm Bringer- are born, Chaos joins in the crying. These Children are destined for things even more horrible. Their lives forever troubled, their abilities destructive and overpowering.

The Fates are forever thankful that of the Elder Daughters only Demeter chose to bear children. Children of the Eldest and Youngest Daughters would never survive in this world. However vengeful Hera is- Zeus is doubly so and her children would never be allowed to live. Zeus would also never allow children of the Eldest sibling to live- not when they could present a threat to his throne. Zeus is always watchful of Hestia.

Hestia who was Kronos's favorite for a long time, well long compared to the others. She knew this and so did her siblings. Even after her father swallowed her, he spoke of her fondly. Despite what stories say, Kronos didn't swallow her right after birth. And despite what stories say, Kronos was a doting Father in the beginning. Hestia looked like Rhea, but she had Kronos's eyes. Ancient power flowed through her veins- the Eldest child of the King of the Heavens and the Earth, the Titan king. When the power in her veins awoke after a few months of life she was swallowed. No one but Hestia heard the tears her father shed when he swallowed her. The eldest goddess was powerful, Kronos couldn't control her and so in the end, he had to get rid of her. Hestia was swallowed 5 months after her birth. She is far more lucky than the rest, save for her father's favored son. The rest live for weeks, days, hours at best.

Demeter was beautiful, and she knew so. Her siblings and her parents had known so as well. Demeter had the eyes of Gaea herself and hair as gold as the sun. Demeter was not just beautiful because of her looks, she was beautiful because she held power. Demeter had the power of Gaea, more importantly Demeter had the power of the Titan Queen. That knowledge had given Kronos stabbing pain in his chest as he swallowed her. But The Titan Queen's powers were just as dangerous as his own and he couldn't allow Demeter to walk the Earth.

Demeter was swallowed 2 weeks after her birth.

Hera had been easy for Kronos to swallow. She stared back at him with his own eyes- full of judgement- and he had been filled with Anger. (he felt regret after). Hera did not hold his powers, nor did she hold the powers of his beloved, and for that he was thankful. Instead his youngest daughter held the powers of the Air. This only fueled his desire to rid of her. He had paused to behold her beauty before he swallowed her. Hera would have easily been considered the prettiest of his children to all. All but him. (Hestia would always be the prettiest in his eyes). Her name was similar to her mothers, an anagram of it and that gave him reason to smile. A reason to pause. But not for long. This was his third time and unfortunately, the King was finding it easier and easier to swallow his children. He did allow himself to stoke a gentle finger over his youngest daughter's cheek before he swallowed her. He whispered her name as quiet as a breeze and begged for his wife's forgiveness.

Hera was swallowed after 3 days of life.

The birth of Hades had been something new for Kronos. A son- one any titan would be proud to call his own, one that was strong, handsome, and reeked of strength. The Queen had been so proud when she had presented him with his first son, and he had been unable to resist the smile he sent back. An heir. Kronos had been afraid it would be another Daughter. And Kronos was afraid his resolve would fail in the face of another girl. Hades was strong and that made Kronos proud. Hades was born with hair as dark as his father's and eyes that were as dark as Kronos's soul. The power of Death sang from within Hades and Kronos had found himself fascinated.