Chapter 15: Guilty

Chapter 15

Riker's POV

(It's finally here.. Sigh.. The last Chapter.. I love you guys)

--------------------------------------

It's here

Do you ever feel like there's something weighing you down? Then suddenly it all comes crashing down. That's me. I'm in Court to decide wither I go to Hell or not.. All because I was in love with a mortal. Or a mortal at the time.

True Love Is Not A Sin

I stared at the room I was in. There was hundreds of Angels. The room was loud and there was many people in the stands. I felt so nervous. Cory sitting beside me, giving the judge a hard stare. I looked over to my left and gulped, Leo was sitting with his lawyer. Looking smug and sure that he was going to win.

That's because he was going to win.

I felt so hopeless as I stared into the black hole in the corner. It was the size of a truck. It's what they used to send people to Hell. The judges were the only ones who had the power to open up the portal and send guilty angels to hell.

I shuffled my feet. If you're wondering how i'm taking being blind.. Well I have bangs so I mean it's not that different. But it still sucks because I can't see people on my left. Plus nobody wants to be blind.

I was snapped out of my sulking by the judge bashing his mallet. I rose with the rest of the room. My hands clasped over my hips. I could barely focus as the judge rambled on about the rules. Suddenly I was being dragged to be questioned.

I wanted to scream but I put on a calm composure. I would get through this. I was sat down and the officer gave me the bible and placed my hand on it.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, only the truth and nothing but the truth?" His cold voice filled the room. I took deep breaths to calm me down, clearing my throat I let out a hoarse "Yes." I cleared my throat again "Yes!" I said loud enough for everyone to hear.

I felt my cheeks burn as he pulled away. My hand falling to my side, I saw Leo's lawyer stand up. He glared at me with a cold passion for wanting me to be guilty. I had gotten that look many times in my 23 thousand years.

"So Riker Lynch! You are here because you attempted to have relations with a mortal!" The lawyer said. He was a normal lawyer. Salt And Pepper hair, around his late 50's and tall.

What I said next burst out, but it was the truth. See in the angel world we could literally put a truth spell on you.

"And I don't regret it one bit" I said, I heard people gasp and others stayed silent.

Wait what?

Silence from some Angels? I then realized that things we're changing and I could do something about it.

"Mr Lynch I hope you realize that having relations with a mortal is forbidden!" The lawyer said. I shrugged "Well I'm in love with her so I mean! What the heck?"

I sounded so confident. I was surprised that this was even my voice. I gulped and continued "Why should I have to love an Angel only? We're supposed to be loving creatures who try and spread peace and goodwill! When in reality we're cold and hard! You've forced so many rules that we can barely interact with our mortals! I don't care! If I fall in love with her! I fall in love! She's an Angel now anyways!"

I was about to continue when the judge gave me a hard glare. I shrugged it off. I was on a roll.

Even the lawyer was thrown off. The crowd was murmuring and a lot of it was agreement. I had to hold back a smile. Cory looked at me and gave a small nod. Okay I was doing good.