The Beach

// disclaimer don't own the franchise or the characters ( obvs bc if I did cherik would be canon ) //

Erik

"Today our fighting stops!"

I said as I dropped Shaws lifeless body to the ground. I looked towards Charles, with a hard face. I had told him, I had told him that I would kill Shaw. I had told him that the humans would turn against us regardless of what we had done today.

"Go ahead Charles, tell me I'm wrong."

With two fingers raised to his temple Charles stopped abruptly and turned slowly towards Moira and nodded. There's no way he can make excuses for them now, I thought as the missiles flew towards us. A look of horror on Charles's face when he realized what I was about to do.

"Erik, don't do this." I looked at him unbelieving.
"Why? Why do you constantly feel the need to defend these lesser beings Charles?" I said turning the missiles.

"I'm not. But this is difference between with ultimate peace and genocide."

"This is different."

"But is it? I know you Erik, this isn't about these people, these innocent men, it's about shaw, it's about the war, it's about your mother."

"Do not speak, of my mother Charles." I said waiting ready, at any second to release the missiles.

"Erik, you have a choice to be the better man, to stop this and come home."

"Home Charles? To hide? To run "
"To live. With us, with me"

"Sorry Charles but that's not living." I released the missiles.

"NO!" Then Charles tackled me. Rolling over and securing him to the ground with punch after punch.

"I don't want to hurt you Charles, don't make me! But stop acting like you actually give a damn about your own kind or me!"

"Shut up!"

"Why?"

"Because I love you you idiot!

[ all the missiles dropped at once ]

"What?" I said trying to stop my voice from shaking.

"I- I love you."

"I - how? ( turned to look at the other mutants with shocked looks on there faces before turning back ) how could you love a monster Charles. A villain. Me?"

"You are not a monster Erik, you are not the villain. You're the victim."

"I- ( tears were forming in my eyes ) I love you too." I said holding back a choke.

"I know." Charles nodded softly. "Now let's go home, Erik" Charles said, and I could only nod because if a man as good as Charles could love someone as twisted as me maybe I'm not as broken as I had thought.