Epilouge

// in which Raven knocks sense into her clueless brothers head //

Charles

It had been a week since the incident on the beach and neither I nor Erik had yet talked about what had happened between us there. Eric spent all of his time in his room, and I refused to push talking to him if he wasn't comfortable. No. I would wait for him to come to me. I was reading in the library when Raven walked in.

"You spoken to Erik yet?"

"Hello to you too and no, not yet why?" I said turning to face her my chair.

"Oh yeah hi, and because he's been mopping around in his room ever since Cuba." I sent her a puzzled look. "He thinks you've been avoiding him Charles."

"Why would he think that?"

"Jesus, you are clueless brother, because you said I love you to each other for god sake and now you can't be in a room with him for more than 5 minutes! When was the last time you think Erik said I love you to anyone?!"

"Oh god, I am an idiot." I said getting up. "I need to go talk to him." I said basically running towards his room.

"And you say you're a mind reader." I heard Raven mumble exiting the library

Erik

How has he still not come around? I mean does he regret saying that he loves me, does he even care. Does he even love me in the way that I- no, I couldn't think it. It just hurt to much.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Go away Raven." I called out

"It's not Raven." Said a quiet voice on the opposite side of the door. Charles

"Come in." I said sitting in my bed.

"Hi Erik."

"Hello Charles." He sat down close beside me on the bed.

"So I just wanted you to know that, um- about the whole thing that happened in Cuba I - um, it's okay I mean if you don't feel that wa-" Before he could finish I leant in a pressed my lips to his. A chaste kiss really but with Charles it felt like it was so much more, just because it was, well, him. "I do." I said pulling away from him. "I do love you that way." And Charles's face light up like a damn Hanukkah Menorah as he lent in to kiss me again.

End

[ a/n : see what I did there with the Hanukkah instead of Christmas tree thing bc Eric is Jewish and I'm going to stop now bc I'm not funny. ]