My Story

WARNING MENTION OF BULLYING IN CHAPTER, JUST IN CASE YOU WANTED TO KNOW, PLEASE DO NOT RECREATE THE ACTS MENTIONED IN THIS STORY, THANK YOU.

HOPE'S P.O.V

I was walking down the hall of Jasper High School. As usual I tried to make myself as small as possible so I wouldn't be noticed, but it had the opposite effect.
"Look! It's a walking rainbow!"
Someone called out mockingly. I tried to ignore the shouts and mocking voices directed towards me. As silent tears fell out of my eyes, I made it to my locker and opened it with tears silently streaming down my face. I quickly wiped away the tears and gathered my books. I shut her locker to see someone staring at me, he quickly turned away and walked down the hall.
"Great, everybody officially finds me weird." I thought as she walked to my next class.

JAX'S P.O.V

"Hmm, she definitely isn't fully human." I thought to myself as I pretended to work on my math worksheet.
"Her eyes change colors. Definitely not normal. Mostly they're blue, but sometimes they're green." He muttered to himself.
"Work!" His teacher said to him as she passed by. His teacher muttered something about hating children and walked to her desk and took some aspirins, as she did every class. I kept thinking about the girl with the eyes, I quickly brought out a yearbook from my backpack. Silently flipping through the pages , looking for her picture.
"Found it!" I muttered as I finally flipped to the right page. In the picture the girl had dazzling emerald-green eyes. I looked closely and noticed she had a faded black eye almost completely hidden under a layer of concealer. The kid behind me looked over my shoulder, he saw Hope's picture and laughed,
"Hippie, the freak always fakes injuries. I hope she gets the hint and leaves!" I snarled at him out of instinct and he quickly shut up. I remembered her eyes from earlier, a clear crystal blue, but in the yearbook her eyes were green. SLAM
"WORK ON YOUR PAPER!" His teacher shrieked, "WHY CANT YOU JUST DO YOUR WORK AND ACTUALLY TRY! HALF THE TIME YOU JUST DONT TURN IT IN!"
She kept on ranting until the end of class, when the bell rang she was still ranting and forgot to give out homework.

HOPE'S P.O.V

The last bell finally rang, I quickly shoved all my books into my messenger bag and hurried out the door before I could be ridiculed any longer. I was a couple blocks from my house when it happened, I rounded a corner and was instantly ambushed by a couple of kids from school, they attacked me and tried to pry my bag from my hands. In between kicks and punches I would cry out for help. I suddenly saw a fuzzy figure appear, probably because I now had a concussion from being hit in the head too often. Suddenly it stopped I picked myself up and took a look around, they weren't there anymore. The bullies had just suddenly, fled.
I heard a soothing voice call out, I tried my best to hear it but my ears were ringing. I tried best as I could to walk home, the voice had stopped. I was able to walk a few feet before collapsing, but instead of hitting concrete, I fell into someone's arms.
"Whoa, you okay?" The voice said, he held me steady as the world stopped spinning, when I could finally see clearly I saw who the voice was. It was the weird emo kid who was staring at me weirdly today.
"Wh-who are you?" I asked, a little dazed from a concussion.
"Not important right now. We need to get you to your house." Was the only response I was met with.
"I'm fine, really. You don't need to do this."
I started walking but almost fell again. The guy helped steady me and kept me upright as I walked home. When we got to my home he insisted on helping me.
"Your beat up! You have a busted lip and a black eye and several cuts, let me help!" He insisted, next thing I knew he was in my house, I was lying down on the couch and he had just brought back the first aid kit. I had a some ice packs over my injured eye and on my ankle where I had a sprain.
"I'm Jax by the way. You're Hope right? I have the locker right next to yours." He said has he bandaged up her leg. When he finished he got up to leave,
"Wait! Please stay, no one has ever wanted to come to my house. My stepmom won't be home for another hour, please?" I asked,
"I'm sorry I don't want you to get in trouble." He waved goodbye and left. I sighed as I sat on the couch for another lonely night of homework.

TWO DAYS LATER

JAX'S P.O.V

It was two days later when I finally saw Hope again. She had a cast around her ankle and was using crutches to get around. I ran up to her, "Hope, what happened?!" I asked worriedly, her face turned pink and muttered something. "What?"
"Hmmstepmothermmhmmm"
"Your stepmom? Does your dad know?" I asked with a tone of worry in my voice. She shook her head and I knew I had only one option,
"Would you like a place where you can be safe?"